early pregnancy tests

rach

Reaction score
some info i found about early pg tests that shocked me thought i would share xxxx

"Early" Pregnancy Tests that Claim to Work Prior to the Day You Missed Your Period or Any Time Before 14 Days Post Ovulation

These tests are often poorly manufactured and many don't work at all. Even some brand name pregnancy tests, when bought over the internet, are actually manufactured outside the US in countries where standards are lower. Only use well respected drug store web sites if you do buy over the internet.

A urine test simply isn't going to work until enough hormone is CONSISTENTLY in your urine, about 14 days after you ovulated. You will waste money and suffer needless disappointment and frustration with these tests. Don't do it! If you have to know, get a blood test at the doctor's office, although read some information on miscarriage statistics in very early pregnancy before deciding if you really want to know. The losses are as high as 75%, and this is normal.

Go to the store, and buy two-packs of EPT, Clear Blue Easy, or First Response. Many store brands are also fine, since they are usually manufactured by one of the big drug companies anyway

That's me told! I did get positives with these at first when I got pg with Ella, but then I wasn't trying any others at the time iykwim.

I have a couple of ACON ones left, but I am too skint for the First Responses, will have to wait til AF is overdue for those :pray: :pray: !!

I test early my first excuse was peestickoholic :rotfl: but for me now I feel I need to so I can help myself try & keep my bean!

Must admit ~ Rach already knows I have stuck with Clearblue mostly & last month I will say I spent at least £100 (I won't say how much lol) ~ £90 of that was on eBay! Keeping in mind my circumstances I needed to know ASAP so I could get some medical support which were the injections an I was testing with digital towards the end hoping for a high enough HCG result for a flash of 'pregant' just a bummer I got that the month before when I had no medical help!

Will be using the HCG strips because the hospital have these naff tests an before I contact them I want to see what they see! So in that way they will help me because I know I am! Without a Clearblue result I wouldn't believe a cheapie! :D

Am I rambling? Yip think I am, scared outta my mind AGAIN

:cheer: << Skatty me!!!

kina i use the acon ones :D the last 2 months ive used the ultra acon ones and got faint positives and then got af ive been gutted but last month itried the early ones and got nothing yet positives on the ultra so i have decided not to buy the ultra ones no more and have bought the early acon ones this time hopefully it wont give me a positive till i actually am and the baby has implanted properly :( i cant afford to buy them at the chemist and am so desperate to be pg i cant wait to start testing :oops: so acon it will have to be for me im afraid xxx

wobbles you need to go with the ones you can trust hun its important for you to find out as soon as poss xxx

Very interesting read Rach!

I've got some off accessdiagnostics.co.uk ... think they are just called 'Advanced HCG' and got lots of BFNs .... I also use the Advanced LH one for ovulation and they seem to be working ok .... They are very cheap tho ... I was just about to buy some very early ones (10 mlU) .. but I don't think I'll bother now :) I'm pretty definitely sure I'm not pg anyway ....

the ones that measure 10 of the pg hormone are the ones i bought and used last month and month before bec i wont be using them again :( going to stick to the early ones that measure 25 from now on xxx

Hmmm .. yeah ... they cheated you in a horrible way hon .. at least I haven't had my hopes raised at all yet! Just BFNs all the way! I've got the 25 ones too .....

Anyway - here's to next month Rach ... :D

thanks kina hun hopefully we will all get our bfps soon :pray: xxxxxxxx

thought id bump this back up seens as so many people are having probs with tests :(

I said I'd listen, but didn't. Still bought a load of cheapies! Some of the brands are really crap :shakehead:

kina hun i might have posted it but it dont mean to say im gonna take my own advice :rotfl: i have acon early ones upstairs ready :oops: xxx

AM liking the acon ones today as they gave me strong BFPs :cheer: Don't like the others :shakehead: :lol:

stronger every day for you now hun i reckon :D xxxxx

there is a person on ebay, called twinkle something

dont get any tests from her! they are little green ones, and everytime i used them i got a faint line so it made me think i was pregnant, but then went on to have a peroid as normal.

just giveing you all the heads up

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back