Pregnancy & Sunbeds / Flying

happy-chick

Reaction score
Hi Girls,

Ok whats the rules with sunbeds? Are you allowed to use them or not? I dont really use the sunbed much anyway but with going away I wanted to get a bit of a tan before I go... obviously I wont use them if your not supposed to but so far ive found nothing to say not to on the internet.

How about flying, this is safe i believe but are there any precuations that I need to take? Anything to watch out for? Its a fairly long flight at 4 and a half hours.

Cheers girls xxx

sunbeds are dangerous anyway! Preggo or nor preggo
get some holiday skin lotion instead! :dance:

Yeah i use that too but just dont wanna burn on holiday cos im mega white & would love a nice tan!! hehe

Are they dangerous to baby?

dont quote me but i think you are more suseptible to the sun when you are pregnant so you shouldnt sunbathe( i assume thats goes for sunbeds too) you can burn easier. as for the flight just make sure you drink plenty exercise your legs so you dont get any clots, you could get some ted stockings aswell.

i wouldn't risk it :)

keep yourself and bubba safe and keep covered up. the sun is so strong now.

I have heard the hormones in your body means you tan quicker when pregnant.....so this also means you can burn quicker :roll: Be careful....
Drink lots of Water as it best for oxygen which helps reduce any clots that could form whilst flying...also keep your legs active, some simple foot stretches and walks from toilet (all that water) and to your seat shoulde be enough to keep you safe that way......

Just like everything...some people say you shouldn't fly at all whilst pregnant, some people say you shouldn't sunbathe at all......So really you should ask the midwife what the latest advice is for both.....?? maybe then you can set us all straight as holiday time is fast approaching :dance:

Me I might have to cancel my trip to Zante in September.. I'll be 33 weeks and I can't find an insurance company to cover me.... but I am allowed to fly until 36 weeks....so frustrating...

If you know of any companies that cover until 36 weeks I would love to know about them.... Thanks Jo... Oh yeah.. congrats again ! ! :clap:

Yeah ill speak to doctor/midwife i think, hopefully will have seen one by then!! Thanks ladies xxx

I'm not sure hun, but I just noticed you are preg - CONGRATS!!!!

:hug: :cheer: :hug: :cheer: :hug: :cheer:

i definetley wouldn't risk going on the sunbed atall, i even used to put a towel over my tummy when i was in the sun & pregnant & i onlt used to stay out in the sun for an hour & then go in for a bit as you can overheat, which in turn overheats the baby.

i would ask midwife for proper advice though.

in a pregnancy mag i bought yesterday it says about flying. can fly up till 27weeks , makes me not go nowhere :( lol

after 27weeks u got no chance :lol:

sunbeds i wouldnt use

I do alot of flying hun & my consultant says its ok until your 36 wks after that you won't get a company to accept you on flight!
As other ladies says drink lots of water and walk about as much as poss
Pls be careful in the sun pregnancy hormones means you'll burn especially if your fair skinned anyway
Sunbeds are definate no no because the rays they give off are concentrated therefore more harmful

hi hun i went on holiday wen pregnant with my dd when i was 8 weeks and doc sed it was fine as long as it wasnt in last 2 months. do not use a sunbed tho hun apart from radiation etc the you cant use them or saunas becuase of the heat levels as it can cause miscarriage. my suntan place has a sign on the door and it also says this in a pregnancy book that midwife gave me. hth xxxxx

Hi :D
I got a flight to vist my mum in France when I was about 6 weeks and I am off to Amsterdam this weekend.
I am also going to spain on my summer hols in Aug.
I know none of these are long flights but as far as I know there are no problems and I was fine.
I just made sure I drank loads of water.
Get an aisle seat so you can get up and down and have a wander; also very useful for the loo which I seemed to need loads.
My Dr said there was no problem when flying at all. I am making the most of it not sure how many hols we will be going on once we have an
extra member of the family.

I went on holiday to America (A good 9hr flight) when I was around 6-7weeks and I was fine, I just made sure I got up to stretch my legs every so often and drank plently of water. I was told by my midwife when I was pregnant that sunbeds are a no go!!!

Great stuff, so im ok to fly but drink plenty of water and walk around alot!! Gotcha! :D

Sunbeds a no no, thats no probs....

Wooo Hoooo Im so happy!! haha

I only just seen you got a BFP!! Wicked! Congrats - as for flying I have now been on four trips - including one very very long haul! Water fligth socks and insurance! It was all good for me, but I would check with your MW
Congrats again xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back