Flying is it safe?

*sara*

Reaction score
I am flying down to London at the weekend for a wedding and everyone keeps asking me is it ok for you to fly so now im a bit worried...Is it safe to fly, has anyone else been on a flight during early pregnancy??

As far as I'm aware it is safe.

I informed my GP that I would be flying to Spain for a holiday at 10 weeks and he said the flight was ok but was more concerned about travel insurance. I checked with my travel insurance company and they cover pregnancy nearly up to the birth.

Maybe the only thing to remember is about DVTs - you should move your legs/ankles/feet during the flight and/or wear flight socks. I didn't on my flight though and I didn't have any problems.

I flew to Majorca at 6+1 for a week, mentioned it to my GP and midwife beforehand who said it was perfectly safe, just to wear loose clothes, drink plenty of water and try and move around on the plane. I was still pretty apprehensive and had stomach pains for first couple of days after landing but think it may have been wind :oops: (flying does that to me lol!)

Enjoy the wedding x

I'm pretty sure its fine hun :) the doctor said its fine for me. they allow you to fly on planes up to 28 weeks.

Yeah in the early stages of pregnancy it is fine to fly unless your advised otherwise by your doctor. Have a great time.

You should be fine to fly, I have been abroad three times during my pregnancy and had no problems. Have a lovely time.

Thanks girls, im really looking forward to the weekend, although we had a wedding last weekend too and we ourselfs got married in April, ive never been to so many weddings!! Im not keen on flying but it beats being stuck in a car or on the train for hours.
Hope you all have a nice weekend and ill be online monday :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back