Pregnancy sick leave and holidays

princessp

Reaction score
HI all,

I haven't been feeling well during this pregnancy, I had 5 weeks off work as I constanty felt dizzy and exhausted. Anyway, a month after returning to work, I'm starting to feel the same, in fact I fainted yesterday when I was in the hospital having extra tests. I have also had some anxiety over potential issues with the baby which is making me feel worse. I feel like I need some time off work as I don't feel well enough to be in. I was hardly ever off work when I wasn't pregnant so my employers know that I don't just look for excuses to be off work.

Anyway, I have this mini break booked for two nights in spain next week and I'm wondering where I stand if I go on that whilst on sick leave. obviously it's not a hectic holiday as I'm 22 weeks pregnant, was hoping to relax. what do you all think?

I would look on the Maternity Action web site, and if you can't find the answer there, try calling their helpline.
I know you have the right to take sick days when you're on holiday, unsure about the other way around. I guess they could argue that if your well enough to go on holiday, you're well enough to work.
Tricky situation. Also, I really hope you feel better soon. xoxo

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

from what I'm aware, you cannot take holidays while on sick leave (or leave the country at least) as it works similarly to JSA which cuts your payments if you do. Might be worth fighting through til holiday then going on sick after you come back xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back