pregnancy research, the last trimester, please take part!

brightonlisa

Reaction score
Hello,
I am currently studying for a masters in Health Psychology at Sussex University, and I am still looking for women in the last trimester of pregnancy to take part in my research project. I am interested in women's thoughts and feelings in the last trimester of their pregnancy. It would be great if you would be willing to complete my online questionnaire, it takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. As a token of my appreciation, there will be 3 prizes of £25 mothercare vouchers to win. Please click on the link below to proceed.
Thank you,
Lisa Craig.
https://www.lifesci.sussex.ac.uk/resear ... /index.php

Erm, normally people ask before posting this kind of thing ;)

too many questions that require my attention to read them properly... wonder if one of the questions is "during pregnancy has your brain become like mush...?"

:roll:

I made it all the way to page 3 before abandoning it. I have no idea how to answer most of the questions! "My pregnancy is a serious condition". What does that mean?!? It's hardly incidental. But it's not a serious medical condition. And it asks about the effects on your life and others - if I weren't pregnant I would be able to do exciting things like walk and work but it's the PGP not the pregnancy causing this!

I have to say, it's either a really badly thought out questionnaire or it is actually a study of how people answer questions rather than what pregnancy is like.

I agree that it's a crap questionnaire. It asks you the same question in about 5 different ways presumably to check you're not just clicking random answers. Very annoying.

I did the questionnaire (cus i'm bored at work) and is not good with a preggo brain!

I just had a go at it but I was getting more and more annoyed with the bloody questions!

I found it confusing - I think I have lost all my intellectual prowess since leaving work!!

There is a run of statements worded one way followed by one or two statements with double negatives - had to reread through and change my answers.

I managed to get through it, but it was a bit like doing a psychometric test...like they are trying to catch you out.

"So, do you really feel like shit, or just a little bit shit, or not quite as shit as you said you felt on the page before?"

I gave up, my brain is too fried to concentrate on it :roll:
Not a very good questionaire IMO.

i got as far as page 3 but the questions about 'my pregnancy symptoms' seemed irrelevant.....what counts as a pregnancy symptom, the fact that i have a baby growing inside me ? or did it mean problematic pains, in which case i havent really had any?

woah!! That was hard work!! i am really confused. Why were so many questions the same? Lots of them were very negative too!!! :?

I thought it was more to get an idea of your state of mind and perception of your pregnancy. Seeing if there was a correlation between an unplanned pregnancy, being depressed and having really bad symptoms.
Some of the questions were hard to answer because the questions were so vague

hmmm was going to try this but having read the above dont think I'll bother - my mummified brain wouldnt stand a chance :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I was interested to see what all the fuss was about, and NO my pregnancy does not make me angry
but YES such a negative questionaire does!!
i only got to page 3 but im hoping somewhere along the way theres a
I LOVE MY PREGNANCY AND BABY question!!!!!

If the research is just using a sample of people from pregnancy forums the results are not going to give a true representation because it's highly unlikely anyone would spend their free time posting about their pregnancy in a place like this if it was unwanted, they were taking drugs or really depressed about it

I got to page 5 then gave up as well. The questions did my head in thought they were trick questions like they were trying to catch me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back