Childbirth and Identity study

scroft

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I hope you won’t mind sparing a few minutes of your time to read this post.

I’m a social psychology masters student at the University of Sussex* and I’m trying to recruit participants for my research dissertation on 'Childbirth and Identity'. I’m looking for male and female participants, so expectant mummies and daddies! I’m looking for first time parents and those expecting an additional member to an existing family unit, either single or multiple births. The only stipulation is that the baby or babies must be due before May 2012.

The study itself will involve completing two questionnaires, one while you’re around 8 months pregnant and the second when your baby is approximately 3 months old. The first questionnaire will take approximately 30 minutes to complete, and the second will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Upon completion of each questionnaire, you will be entered into a prize draw where you could win a £25 Mothercare voucher.

Unfortunately I am not able to put the link to the survey website or my email address on this post, so if you are interested in taking part in this study, please can you reply with your email address and I can contact you directly with the survey.

I am so grateful to anyone who can spare the time and effort to do this. I am a mother of 2 children myself so really understand that giving up this amount of time is a big deal, and I thank you most sincerely for your help!

I need to recruit as many participants as possible, so if you could please forward this email, or my contact details onto anyone else you know who is due before May 2012.

With kind regards and best wishes for the future.
Simone Croft

Hi Simone,
I am happy to participate... Am currently 39+ weeks pregnant - is that too far gone for you?
Let me know! Xx

Hey Simone, I am happy to participate for you, I'm 38+1 so hope this isn't too far gone for you.
Let me know and I can forward on my details to you. x

Hi simone, I will participate too!! I am 32 weeks pregnant :)

hi im in my 8th month now (live in brighton) so am happy to do it. Will private message you my email address. if you dont get it, let me know

Hello everyone,

thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my thread. Those of you who have put email addresses on the thread have been emailed directly with the link to the survey.

Nic36 and Zoeox - no, you are definitely not too far gone, so if you are still happy to do the survey, please post your email address and I will send you the link to the survey.

With kind regards
Simone

I will pm my email address to you as I don't really want to post it publically on the forum! If you don't get my pm, I could email it to you! :)

I will pm you mine also, please let me know if you don't get it x

Hi have sent you a private message with my email. I am 8 months and live in eastbourne. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back