Pregnancy dresses!

nickilubs

Reaction score
OOOO well I found out Im pregnant which its great and we're really happy but but my sister is getting married at the start of August and Babes due the start of September. So Im gonna need a huge big baby bum dress! Haha Im 20 so I dont want anything thats too grannyfied! Im thinking of somthing that would be fitted around my top then skims abit over the bump. Any ideas where i could find a nice dress....Ive looked in lots of pregnancy shops but its all a bit boreing. Ive been told I need a dress thats red or golds or browns or mabey even cream if its not too white!

Cor long list! Any ideas? I would buy it online if anyone knows some good online shops. Thanks much

Nicki x

Isabella Oliver and Crave maternity both do dresses that are quite nice (I have seen them in magazines). The only thing I would say is not to buy anything until the absolute last possible time and I have found that I am not at all the size or shape I would have expected!

Blooming Marvellous do some nice stuff...

Also, probably closer to summer you will get more summery dresses (or if you are lucky and there are still sales going on in your stores) - try the maternity sections of New Look, Top Shop, etc etc normal shops with maternity sections.

Or the ever trusty ebay :D

I'm 22 and bought my maternity stuff off ebay or New Look. I got a big summer dress from Primark - it wasn't maternity but it was big enough anyway :D

:D yeh i bought loadsof big cammi dresses last year hehe and they will all go over the bum hehe! i haddent thought of new look. yay for ebay too!

i know my mum bought me most of my maternity clothes from Next, and the rest was from Empire Stores (catalogue)

I had a really nice plain black wrap over dress (and I still wear it now!) that she got from Empire, its by a company called South

At the moment there are a lot of dresses that are styled to fit your bust then be floaty or have lots of material over your body. I got a lovely dress from republic that I wore for my Christmas night out (at 22 weeks pregnant). I agree about waiting until closer to the time though. Between growing breasts and blossoming belly you could find that anything you buy now really doesn't fit by then, even if you left lots of growing room.

Just wanted to add I have this dress in Medium if anyone would like it. I dont want anything for it. Just seems a shame that it will never be worn again.
7974cu.jpg

I got a lovely dress when I was preggie from Red Herring, shame as I only wore it once to a wedding, still there's always next time!!!!!!!

I'm 23 and what you would call a fashion freak, so with me having a big bump already i found TopShop over xmas did some real nice dresses in maternity, real trendy and not to grannyish.......lol
I don't know what stock they have in lately though as i avoid shops in january.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back