Pre eclampsia in subsequent pregnancies

lea554

Reaction score
Hello everyone :wave:

I was wondering what if anyone that had suffered from pre-eclampsia, what info you were given about how this may affect future pregnancies?

I was inducedbecuase of this at 37 weeks - I had no visible symptoms apart from my baby being on the small side. I had a routine mw appt, and was admitted and induced straight away - I think it also developed into HELLP syndrome, as I was told it had affected my liver function, and my platelets were so low, I was unable to have an epidural.

Im just curious as to what will happen if/when I get pregnant again?
Will I be monitored more closely, or given the opportunity to be induced/have a planned section?
No one has really explained to me what happens now, and if there is anything I could have done to prevent it.

Thanks x

I had pre elampsia in my 1st pregnancy and never had it again until my last pregnancy. I had it very severe on both occassions x

I had pre-eclampsia with my first and ended up with an emergency section after 20hrs labour cos he got stuck in the birth canal and I was suffering with chest pains.
My second pregnancy was completely different with no pre-eclampsia symptoms at all but ended up with gestational diabetes even though I weighed less than I was when I had my first pregnancy - how does that work????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back