pre eclampsia

samandbump

Reaction score
does anyone know if you have to have protein present in your urine to develop this condition? i saw my consultant today and my BP was 172/98 so i have to be admitted for monitering tomorrow, but my urine was clear, it has previously had a + of protein but nothing today i have very swollen feet and hands aswell, thanks

Hi, i had pre-eclamsia, but i didnt always have protein in my pee. in the end they gave me high blood pressure pills. that sorted out my bp until i gave birth. so they may do that with you xx :hug:

thanks for that!! my feet feel like they are swelling by the second which is slightly worrying, did they keep you in hospital?

hi hun i had pre ecalmapcia and i had +4 protine in my urine, i had to go in and have a 24 hour urine collection which is very degrading but hey what about pregnancy isnt, i was induced at 35+5

i went in hospital when my bp first went up when i was exactly 36 weeks, stayed in for 1 night where there monitored me, put me on pills and sent me home lol. i then had midwife come twice weekly to check my bp. my waters broke when i was 39 weeks+6 but no contractions so i went into hospital that night to be induced, but i didnt need to be. and had my LO the next day at 40 weeks natuarally. so just to show you that it can still all end up normally even with pre-eclamsia :)

thanks i feel slightly more positive now!!!! will just have to see what the outcome is tomorrow!!!

I had +4 protein at 33 weeks with high blood pressure and was admitted for a week, did the 24hour urine collection (so embarrassed about peeing into a large bottle all day and night! but hey) and even had steroid jabs for baby's lungs to develop in case they had to do an emergency delivery but then everything settled down on its own.
Then had another pre-eclampsia episode at 38 weeks and spent a few more days in hospital to end up having Charlie on his due date, went into labour naturally the night before due date but he got stuck and my pre-eclampsia kicked in with a vengeance (developed chest pains whilst in labour) so they delivered by emergency c-sction after 20 hours labour!
Charlie is healthy and beautiful and I am sure your midwife will take great care with you and monitor you well to prevent complications so dont worry too much.

i have been to the hospital this morning and bp and urine were normal so got sent home :dance: have to return on tues and fri for monitering!!! so lgad to be home

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back