Prawns??

rachyryan

Reaction score
Really silly question, i love prawns and it's all i can think about eating at the moment. A lovely prawn salad with some avocado and sweet chilli dressing is just what i fancy to eat.

Would it be really bad to have just a few prawns or am i just being stupid and should forget the idea?

I am hardly eating at the moment as i feel so sick and this is the one thing i think i would really enjoy, what do you all think?

As long as the prawns are properly cooked I think it's ok, I know your not suppose to eat raw seafood. I hope this helps a little xx

its raw we cannot have i think i fancy prawns all the time lol

Well shellfish contain high-levels of bacteria and mercury which can lead to birth defects.
But apparently if you pay a bit more for an expensive pack of prawns you should be safe, you should also limit the amount you eat. xxx

I've been told prawns are fine! But the same with any seafood, try to limit it to no more than twice a week (I think thats what the guidelines are) xx

MW told me they are fine as long as they are cooked through

Once they're cooked properly and you're not eating them every single day they're fine. Everything in moderation ladies :)
I really feel like some garlic and chili king prawns now.... and it's only 10.30 in the morning!

I love prawns too and having trawled through all my books they're fine as long as fully cooked (quite who would eat raw prawns anyway!) they're fine, I had a lovely prawn baguette yum, fancy one a bit later too!

Thanks for all your advice ladies. I'm gonna have the prawn salad!! And I am really looking forward to it now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back