Prams

A butterfly

Reaction score
Hello

What prams has Everyone brought or looking to buy?

We have been looking at icandy peach and bugaboo buffalo.

Our favourite is the bugaboo.

But I am wondering if we have missed a cheaper pram as these are very pricey

We've just bout the Phil and teds smart lux from mothercare, it was half price in the sales we'd liked it when we first started looking but to see it half price we decided to get it on Tuesday! Comes with car seat and rain cover xx

We have an Oyster already and are going to get a buggy board for our toddler. Rather wishing we'd splurged on the Oyster Max so we had a few more options with two kids but we've been very happy with the pushchair and it was a really good deal at the time.

I've got the venicci and I love it, paid extra for the special edition with chrome trim aswell. First time I've had a new pram that I wanted.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 18
I've brought the jolie travel system in the pre Xmas sale

I got a mamma and papas own brand it's called zoom. It's light wight and easy to move around. I live on the top floor and a friend has the same one and highly rated it. For the car seat, carrycot and stroller is £330. This is my first baby but I don't see the point going mental on a pram when I could use that money for something else or even put it in a bank account for her. I think too many people think about brands and have to have a popular one. Go for something that's cost effective, easy to use. Iv known people to spend loads on prams and something brakes and then they need to get it replaced or they find them bulky. If you can afford a 'posh' one then go ahead. I would say when you shop for one push them around see how easy it is to get up and down ect. Xx

We've just bought a silver cross pioneer, gets good reviews and we loved how simple it was to collapse etc! Mothercare had a deal with it also coming with the car seat, seat liner and changing bag!

We went for the silvercross freeway and it has served us well - although it's quite bulky to get in a boot it does for but as we don't drive it's great because it's so comfy to walk with and smooth ride too. The basket under has plenty room and my son loves it

Mind you if you're using it with the car seat as a travel system the chassis closes really easily and as long as you tick and lock the wheels is ideal for a day out - it's when they get past the first seat stage that it becomes more bulky. I
Love that the handles go up and down which helps both for storage and for people of different heights and the break is one long bar So really easy to put on and off. The rain cover is awesome too and not at all flimsy. It comes with a liner and cosytoe and you can easily adapt it from baby to toddler in a click - we put the seat sitting up and left he lags flat as he got w bit older and antes to sit up a bit. It goes both rear and front facing and was nice to have him in the buggy seat and face is at first so we
Could see he was ok in it and even bough my son is a good height for his age he's nowhere near to it getting too tight for him.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
We've had the mamas and papas armidillo flip xt recommended and have been to have a good loook at it and it does seem really good! I'm a bit concerned that we are getting sucked into the whole commercial aspect of spending loads of money unnecessarily though so we're looking to see if there is a cheaper alternative xx

We've just bought a silver cross pioneer, gets good reviews and we loved how simple it was to collapse etc! Mothercare had a deal with it also coming with the car seat, seat liner and changing bag!

Love love love the look of the Pioneer in damson colour. Missed the special deal but hope they'll do another before June;-) xx

We got the cosatto giggle, the Green one with trees on. It's super light, and they do all different designs. I do wishy they did plain ones though! Xx

We got the Jane Epic really compact and lightweight we had a sc Freeway first time around but really bulky for my focus

Love love love the look of the Pioneer in damson colour. Missed the special deal but hope they'll do another before June;-) xx

If you are looking to buy now, they definitely still have the deal on; id you go online to their store it says special offer against it. they had the deal in store too, may still be time for a bargain, think it's on til the 20th Jan! Not sure if baby events are local to each store, but worth finding out when they are doing one near you, ours said they are doing one in Feb! X

We got the cosatto giggle, the Green one with trees on. It's super light, and they do all different designs. I do wishy they did plain ones though! Xx
We looked at the giggle too but I just couldn't get used to only 1 wheel at the front, it's funny watching pregnant people walk round mothercare/mama's n papas testing prams! Xx

Thanks everyone, going to test out a few more when we go shopping. It really is a mind field.

My SIL bought a brand new silver cross set on a good deal though, when she had her third and hardly lost any money when she sold it on when her little one outgrown it a couple of months before he was one. The pram itself was very light and nice to push which makes a massive difference, she just didn't really have the space for it or she'd probably would've used it a little longer.

Last edited:
I went into mamas and papas... had a look around and decided on the Armadillo XT (Couldn't find the flip at a lower price) I managed to get the carseat from a friend with the isofix base and now just need to get the clips.

I looked around, tested things... i liked the look of the Silver Cross Wayfarer and decided against after reading reviews.

I think in the end i managed to get a good price on the Armadillo XT, and apparently it is also made by Cyber even though its a mamas and papas pram

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back