Prams

haribo_princess

Reaction score
Has anyone decided on a pram yet? I will probably buy one after my second scan next week and am currently stuck between the Bugaboo Chameleon and the Stokke Xplory.

http://www.twoleftfeet.co.uk/acatalog/N ... age_3.html

http://www.twoleftfeet.co.uk/acatalog/S ... 2dstkxpTS2

I love the look of the bugaboo and think the Stokke is a bit ugly, but on the other hand, I like how high up and close to you the baby is! Hmmm, they are both similar price wise. Would go for bugaboo in brown and beige or stokke in black.
Has anyone used either? It'll purely be a city pram, so don't need off road wheels or anything ;)

Those aren't the exact packages I'd go for, was just using them as picture examples.
I already have a carseat for instance, and don't want the changing bag, etc. so they both come in at about £500 without.
I'm lucky because a relative has given me £500 to buy a pram - so I'm able to be a bit more extravagant ;)
x

haribo_princess said:
Those aren't the exact packages I'd go for, was just using them as picture examples.
I already have a carseat for instance, and don't want the changing bag, etc. so they both come in at about £500 without.
I'm lucky because a relative has given me £500 to buy a pram - so I'm able to be a bit more extravagant ;)
x

Ahh right, thought you were paying like £1,000 :lol: I think I prefer the stokke one in black only because Im nto keen on the red with cream mix. At least you have loadssss to choose from with your cash gift!! :D

Yeah I don't like that red and cream either, I'd go for brown. . .
I know, I feel very grateful - everyone has been so helpful with the big stuff that it's only left me with small things to buy. There still seems loads though, there were things I hadn't even thought of like a baby monitor, duh!

I prefer the bugaboo to the Stokke but there are hundreds to choose from!!

Hiya

I've had my bugboo chameleon for 2 and a half years and its still perfect and I love it to bits. We went for dark grey base and beige covers and footmuff. The covers are removable and washable so even if they do get dirty you can wash them.

There are so many more options on the colours now so you really can go for whatever you want.

The covers are cheap enough to replace if you fancy a change of colour but just make sure you go for a neutral base for that very reason. If we have another boy I'm seriously considering getting a new set of boyish covers for the pram.

We tried out the Stokke at the same time we "test drove" the chameleon and there really was no competition. The stokke just didn't handle as well as the chameleon and the suspension on the chameleon is so much better so my daughter felt the kerbs less when going over them.

The only thing I would say is the bugaboo bag is absolutely rubbish and a complete waste of money, also two left feet were a complete nightmare to deal with even though they seem to be offering the best deal. John Lewis will match whatever deal you have from them if you choose to buy the bugaboo chameleon.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back