Prams.........help pls!

choklatemunky

Reaction score
Right, here's the dilema. :think:

I fell in love with the silver cross linear freeway, and was going to get the ventura car seat to go with it to make a travel system, we took out car to check and see if the seat fits - but it doesnt! :(

So basically I am right back to the drawing board on the pram front.... :roll:

The things I liked about the linear freeway was that the seat was reversible so could parent face and forward face, it had a pram/carrycot option (on the silver cross the seat turned into the pram but on others I know you can get a carrycot thats separate that will have the same effect), and the car seat fitted on it too.

OH doesnt like 3 wheelers, so they are out.

I have looked at the bebe confort loola and also the chicco trio for me, as those car seats do fit (we tried loads while we were there to see what our options actually are) and the other seat that fitted was the maxi cosi, but I dunno what pram that goes on (shop assistant said loads, but they only had 3 wheelers that it fitted in the shop we went to). She said ones with bases might fit too, like a graco, but they didnt have them all there in stock and we had already tried so many!

Anyone have any opinions on the above, or any other suggestions of prams that do everything I want that are good?
Am I being too picky in wanting all those things? (carrycot/carseat that fits onto chassis/reversible seat) :?

IMHO you're best off looking at the car seat before the pram as you want your LO to be as safe as possible when travelling.

which? online has really good reviews of baby car seats inc ones that aren't recommended. i'd start there and match the pram to a safe seat that's compatible with your car, rather than the other way around :)

The Maxi Cosi car seat will fit onto the loola if you buy the adapters for it. I bought the maxi cosi seat because I have the silver cross ventura atm but it won't fit in my mums car or some taxis I have been in so needed a new one. Im getting the loola soon and you can have a carry cot and the seat part can face both ways :)

Hun be a pain in the butt like me and get a Loola chassis and Creatis fix car seat for when you go shopping in your car and another pram (i.e the Silvercross you have your heart set on) for when your out walking!! :cheer:
LOL
Im getting the Skate (at some point lol) but also have this
9024b357.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Ive got my eye on the graco quattro tour (£209 in babies r us) it comes as pushchair and car seat but theres a carrycot that fits on it if you want baby laying down.
Both me and OH 'walked it' around the store and found it lovely

The Maxi Cosi Cabriofix will fit onto, Bugaboo Chameleon and Bugaboo Bee and the Gecko and Frog (now discontinued models), all Quinny models including the Buzz which comes with 3 or 4 wheels, Micralite, Phil and Teds, I Candy Apple, Bebe Comfort Loola and probably lots more...... and breathe :lol: I'm not crazy, we just went for a Maxi Cosi so I did my research to find what it was compatiable with, iirc you'll need adaptors to attach it to these prams- they're only about £20 though maybe even cheaper.

I went for the Bugaboo Cameleon, I love it but only go for it if you have loads of boot space.

The carseat itself is great, very comfy, very safe, you can buy loads of accessories (like a raincover so LO won't get wet if you have it attached to the pram frame), a great hood/ sunshade, comes in lots of colours plus it has a secret compartment in the back to stash stuff in.

Hope that helps.

Alex xxx

I'd avoid the Silver Cross now! I'm falling out of love with mine as the months go on and the only advantage I can see is that it reclines fully. It's broken twice now - 1st time a bolt sheared off the frame and they repaired it (although blamed it on us) and now it's happened again (and if someone blames something on you, you take extra special care so I don't believe it was our fault!)

The silvercross is very popular, and I can see Y. BUT the ventura carseat fits in hardly any cars (only in the front of my mums, NOT in my dad's volvo. Only in the front of my OH Subaru, it does fit everywhere in my clio, checked that b4 buying it). The pram has been used fro 4 months and is on its last legs.. I cant believe how rickety its gotten, and I dont use it ALL that offten.

Apart from that I cant advice in afraid. Good Luck x

KERRYGOLD00 said:
Hi :wave: I just wanted to say that I have the Skate & I'm not a big fan. It's really heavy, especially if you use public transport a lot like me & I had to take it back to the shop to get the brake mended as it got stuck & wouldn't go on or off :shock: after only about 10 weeks of use!! On a positive note, my LO loves it as she can lie flat when she wants to sleep or it can be turned into a push chair for when she wants to be nosey!! :lol: Just wanted to let you know as I couldn't find any reviews online about it before I bought it.

Ooooh thanks for that! I found a few reviews but not many (about 5) so it all helps! Im unsure with M&P full stop lol as my DD's pram kept coming about at the seems andfor the price you expect so much more!
But the brakes failing is just scary! :eek:

valleygirl24 said:
Ive got my eye on the graco quattro tour (£209 in babies r us) it comes as pushchair and car seat but theres a carrycot that fits on it if you want baby laying down.

If I could step back in time I wouldn't have bought this. It's bulky and awkward. I also thought it was fantastic pushing round babies r us! We have a small car (had a 206, now a fiesta) and it takes up the entire boot. Rebecca outgrew the carrycot very early on - she is above average length. From about 8-10 weeks she was already too long for it. So it was either have her in the car seat (which isn't appropriate for longer periods out) or pushchair (which is so big it drowns a small baby). If you use public transport a lot like I do (I don't drive) then it's a huge pain. Buses are an absolute no-no unless you get on one of the low ones with a buggy spot. The only good thing I found was it is very easy to push.

We went out and bought a M&P buggy with full recline and will be selling the Graco travel system as soon as I decide which car seat to go for.

daftscotslass said:
valleygirl24 said:

If I could step back in time I wouldn't have bought this. It's bulky and awkward. I also thought it was fantastic pushing round babies r us! We have a small car (had a 206, now a fiesta) and it takes up the entire boot. Rebecca outgrew the carrycot very early on - she is above average length. From about 8-10 weeks she was already too long for it. So it was either have her in the car seat (which isn't appropriate for longer periods out) or pushchair (which is so big it drowns a small baby). If you use public transport a lot like I do (I don't drive) then it's a huge pain. Buses are an absolute no-no unless you get on one of the low ones with a buggy spot. The only good thing I found was it is very easy to push.

We went out and bought a M&P buggy with full recline and will be selling the Graco travel system as soon as I decide which car seat to go for.

I kinda agree. I have this pushchair and i love it but i wouldn't buy it again - it doesn't fit our boot (our boot is teeny) and it is very bulky. I think it's nice and sturdy though and good when i walk to the shops.

Fi outgrew the carrycot early too but she likes facing forwards.

We will be getting a new one, one that folds very small!

How about a Maxi Cosi Mura? I saw one today and they are really nice. Or an I-Candy Apple - they come with 4 wheels, but can be 3 or 4 wheeler.

sass said:
How about a Maxi Cosi Mura? I saw one today and they are really nice. Or an I-Candy Apple - they come with 4 wheels, but can be 3 or 4 wheeler.

Oh i was loking at the Mura the other day and the I Candy Apple! Both great looking prams! :cheer:

Bebe Confort loola up is lovely - and they parent face. They have this year introduced maxi cosi car seat adaptors also.

Ive had a few different car seats, and imo Maxi cosi are the best seats.

loolas fold up fairly small, but are quite bulky when you lift it into your boot. however, thats only a 5 second job huh? so its not gonna be a massive thing on ur life.

all i would say in regards to loolas is, make sure you get a 2008+ model, if your looking at second hands as the crossbar used to be OVER :roll: the basket... haha they changed it in 2008 :)

valleygirl24 said:

this one?
baby121212.jpg
:D
we have bought this one, and i love it!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member