Prams - Again

kittykitchn

Reaction score
I went to Toys R Us and Mothercare today to have a peep at prams. I can't spend much so really bargain hunting and looking for option. The woman in Mothercare was SO unhelpful.

Perhaps someone on here can give me some knowledge? This was the one I was originally going to buy:
http://www.online4baby.com/joie-miru...oller-bluebell

However, my concern (and backed up by Mothercare staff) is that a stroller is just not comfortable/stable/suitable for a tiny newborn - even if it says it is. It may well lay flat, but there's just no padding or cocooning to it like in a carrycot pram. I REALLY like it, it's light, pushes well, well priced and small. But in the back of my mind (and OH's) I really feel that I should be getting a carrycot pram for comfort - however these are obviously a lot more expensive.

Is there anything I can put into the stroller when it's laid flat for more support and cushioning to the baby?

We got this to support James in the double buggy we had, worked amazingly at supporting him xx

http://groovystyle.co.uk/sunshine-k...support.html?gclid=COjR4I2fjsoCFWnlwgod-k0HJA
5c7eb795faeb0cf187287b0707dfd8fe.jpg
0a94f43fc273cec5fbed24395d68de50.jpg

I found the staff in mothercare useless to, they were way more helpful in mamas and papas. Id say the support recommended above is ideal.

I bought this one when my LO was about 8 months.. http://www.johnlewis.com/maclaren-techno-xt-buggy-black/p231855339

I wished I bought it sooner, I would've deffo used one of them snuggle thingy's and you can use a footmuff liner or a sheepskin liner to make it soft to lie on... Plenty of babies don't even like to lie down flat in a carry cot and if your baby turns out to be one like that after the birth it's just so much wasted money! Best to invest in a stroller that's easy and comfy.. I mean this baby is sturdy as heck, I take it abroad with my so it gets the faff about getting thrown in the hold several times now!

I love this one so much because of the hood that can cover the baby a fair bit and protect it from sun and rain! It's easy, light and very sturdy.. Ok it doesn't recommended that you should in fact it tells you in the manual to use it completely differently then I do but recently I managed a 98£ shop from asda on that pram incl. my son whose about 13-14kgs I reckon.. It's like my personal packing donkey!
The double wheels on the bottom make it a sturdier type than what I see in town with single wheels that bend in with too much weight on.. Although I don't recommend putting such heavy shops on it all the time and it might just tip over! Just to give a picture how sturdy it is!

Oh and John lewis generally price matches, I got the duplo fire station for agos price35£ which was a whopping 55£ in hamleys and 45-49£ anywhere else but argos for 35£ so am sure if you shop around and they do sell it in JL they're likely to price match it for you!

My SIL has a simple chicco but am sure that won't hold the weight like mine, then again she ain't crazy and putting nearly 100£ shops on her buggy in general! :p

I can't see the link to the Joie pram you posted but I saw a woman in a shopping mall a few times today who had a Joie and she had a newborn in the car seat clipped on to the pram - looked fine to me. Tbh, newborns need fed pretty regularly so it's not as if they wouldn't get regular breaks from the car seat.

I'm selling my travel system on ebay if your looking for a bargain lol... it's a KinderKraft one, comes with car seat, carry cot, buggy seat, rain cover etc! its cream.. We bought it for £300 selling for £130. It's in brill condition, im only selling as j bought the I candy jogger, my pram isn't suitable for jogging xxx

Strike that someone just bought it on ebay lol xxx

I bought my travel system at mamas & papas when they had a sale on as I couldn't spend a lot & it was a really great price! It helps as well that my local is also the factory shop. My little one was tiny when he was born & the dino support really was a god send for us because he was lost in his car seat at first & looked so uncomfortable. As soon as I popped that in it cocooned him so he was all snug

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back