• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pram Dilemma

Emma Mac

Reaction score
Hi

I'm currently 19 weeks pregnant with twins and finding it difficult to decide on a pram. Ideally i'd like the babies to face me when they are born and then have the option to turn them outwards when they are a bit older. I'm finding that a lot of these types of prams are not compatible with car seats, or if they are they only face out the way! Price is also an issue as twin prams just seem to shoot up in price.

Any advice would be appreciated before we decend upon the shops this weekend :)

Thanks, Emma

Heya!! One of my close friends had twins and decided that the iCandy Pear was right for her, the boys are now nearly three and they have just sold it on eBay she really loved it and found it was easy to move around.

Hope you find something that suits you soon x

Last edited:
Or the bugaboo donkey, they also hold their value pretty well but are pricey to begin with. Congrats on two babies btw xx

How nice to find someone else on here having twins :). I hope you're getting on ok...are they your first or do you have other children?

Anyway, I was really struggling finding a twin pram as I ideally wanted a tandem travel system with infant car seats but found they were upwards of £800 without car seats! With one kid already and two on the way, my budget just didn't stretch that far, so I started looking at side by sides. I was looking at the Cosatto twin you 2, the Baby Jogger City Double, and the maclaren twin techno double stroller.

We ended up getting of all things a travel system through friends of friends who were selling their Duette City Scape complete with car seats and accessories for £500.

Good luck in your search and your pregnancy! :)

iCandy pear, or peach blossom... Have a look :) x

The bugaboo donkey is very popular with twins and can get a good deal if you look about!

I had the jogger city double for my twins, it was very good xx

Hi, thanks for advice, look like we'll be going down the Mountain Buggy route which seems to get good reviews. This is my second pregnancy, I have a daughter already. Feeling extremely tired and a bit achey but all part and parcel of twin pregnancy so I don't complain (too much) :)

welcome and Grats.
Whilst pottering around mothercare on Sat to measure cots etc we saw a nice twin pram that was single width.

The mother said very easy to use, better than double width - didn't catch the name of the buggy tho. Basically 1 baby seat was behind the other - both had own hoods and cover.

If your on a budget check gumtree for second hand doubles, I'm getting a single out n about nipper & the doubles have good reviews and I think are ok priced, seats are side by side but seem sturdy. If your using public transport not sure what they are like for ease of collapsing & carrying etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back