Pram Dilemma

haha look at you all with your posh prams lol

im using my good old graco from what we had on our d.s he wasnt in it long as as soon as we could we switch to a buggy haha

Awww, I wouldn't say posh hun!
I had a graco with my DD but that was 10 years ago, fancied a change, although I've still got that one somewhere, probably covered in cobwebs in the shed, lol.
xx

lol i couldnt spend £700 on a pram

i like my graco its solid and reliable and easy to figure out haha

lol i couldnt spend £700 on a pram

i like my graco its solid and reliable and easy to figure out haha

Crikey, I'm not spending £700 on a pram, that's insane money! I think it's £400 without all the bits, which is still bad enough :(
True enough, Graco's do the job well enough, still see them around, so they must be reliable :)
xx

i got all mine as a bundle 3 years ago for £200 and only thing thats no longer useable is the changing bag everything else is still in good condition :) ive used graco on all my kids so i think im just too stubborn to change now haha

i got all mine as a bundle 3 years ago for £200 and only thing thats no longer useable is the changing bag everything else is still in good condition :) ive used graco on all my kids so i think im just too stubborn to change now haha

Wow, £200, that's a bargain!
Not stubborn at all, lol. You know what you like and your sticking to it :lol:x

Kirsty I got the silvercross in Henley because there's an offer on in babies r us where you got the pram and car seat for 299. Instead of 299 for the pram and the car seat for 114. Someone gave me a second hand graco, I decided if I had money after getting other stuff I'd buy another pram. Nothing wrong with the graco but it was brown and I hated the colour lol.

Maybe I'm miscalculating it? Maybe it's not quite £700? I haven't actually sat down and worked it all out. But there is NO WAY we would spend that if it wasn't being bought for us!!
Things like the Bugaboo and iCandy are even more expensive though!

Last edited:
Yep, with the carrycot it's £660. But after this discussion I don't think we'll bother with the carrycot now :)

pinky - that's similar to the offer that Mothercare had on when I brought it, they was doing the car seat free with the pram (jet sport), so £299 for the lot, bargain when you think about it tbh :)
xx

Lulu - oh no, I'm sorry :( I didn't mean to put you off the carry cot! Hey, if it's being brought for you, then don't complain, lol!
I know, there are loads of really expensive prams, it's madness considering at the end of the day, they all do the same thing, get the baby from A to B :)
I love the iCandy prams, they are stunning, but no way in the world I'd pay the money for one of those!!
xx

i got the car seat the car seat base the rain cover footmuff the pram changing bag and the carrycot that sits in the pram it was a fab deal and its brown and cream and folds down using 1 hand haha :) all from babies r us

i got a buggy once form mothercare and spent over 100 quid and the wheel kept falling off i was mega pissed and made them give me a new one

i do like the look of prams that have the carry cot but they are not in them long :(

lulu if you really want the carry cot keep checking ebay for 1 cheaper because it would be like new because they dont get used for that long :)

I can't believe you got all that stuff for £200, that's a fantastic deal midnight!
Well fingers crossed, I've never yet brought a buggy where a wheel has fallen off, or has been damaged / broken some other away :( Good on ya for getting a new one though, lol.

I know, the new prams with carrycots look really sweet, but like you say, not in it long, so probably not a good use of money, the babies look so snuggly in them though!
xx

its worth getting 1 if its going to be used more than once lik eif this is your 1st and you intend to use it on following babies :)

This is my second, and he'll be my last if my OH has his way!
lulu, I had a quick look on eBay, and they have a couple for just under £50, so might be worth a look hun?x
x

5 :) Wow!!
I'm going mad with one and one on the way, lol!x

2 is a nice number :)

i do often think we have lost our marbles :)

Thanks Kirsty - you didn't put me off, just made me re-think it (in a good way!) I think I would rather have a cute moses basket with a rocking stand than the carrycot! Like you say, they're not in them long at all, and babies look mega comfy in just the carseat attached to the chassis. Hmmm, I'll give it some thought :)

i had the full package and i have used the carry cot all of 3 times Oliver just didn't seem as snuggly in it i added a super soft foot muff to the puchchair and it lays fully flat and he seemed much more comfy and secure in this, and for the school run i use the car seat

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back