• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pram Dilemma

KirstyL

Reaction score
I have a pram dilemma! I brought the Silvercross 3D Complete when it was on offer at Mothercare, so got the car seat and bits and bobs with it for £300, that was a good few weeks ago, and now I’ve seen and fallen totally in love with the Quinny Buzz 4, in Midnight Blue, it’s beautiful.

Was wondering if it’d be daft to ask Mothercare if they’d take back the Silvercross (I’ve only opened it in the Living Room, now it’s back in it’s box), so I could exchange it for the Quinny Buzz…I know it’s a lot more money, as everything is separate, but it’s yummy, lol!

What are my chances of Mothercare doing that do you think? I know usually it’s a 28 day period isn’t it, to take things back….

Can I add, absolutely nothing wrong with the Silvercross, it’s just me being me, and seeing something I like better! Combined with the fact that if go to the beach, or long walks, the Quinny is likely to be more comfortable for baby isn’t it (so I’ve been told)
xx

I've no idea but there's no harm in asking Mothercare. X

Yeah I'm gonna give them a call at lunch time :) I'll use the "I'm pregnant, I'm allowed to change my mind" tactic!

Failing that, they seem to be reasonably priced on eBay...
x

Id definetly ask, as you havent used it and are looking to buy a more expensive product from them I would think you will stand a decent chance of them letting you return it :)

the 28 day thing is usually for refunds, but exchanges can usually be done after that

Yay!!! I rang them, and they said they wouldn't usually, but on this occasion as it hasn't been used, they will let me return it, as long as I've got all the original packaging, and it can be resold :) It's madness, it's almost twice the price, and hopefully well worth the money?!

Only think I'll need to hunt down is the receipt!! Cause haven't a clue where that's gone - I'm sure I didn't used to be this unorganised, lol. Must the baby hormones!!
xx

yay!

you may not need the reciept as its an exchange. I changed my mind on the silver cross 3d too. And now i cant stand to look at it! my OH still loves it though

Oh no :( Had you brought yours though, before changing your mind!!
There's so much choice, it's really hard to make your mind :) I do like the Silvercross still, just prefer the Quinny!
xx

Oh that's good news! I have the silver cross but I like the quinny better. Just can't afford it unfortunately! X

awww i wanted the silver cross one but my oh got the final say so and we went with another one.

Ooh! We're getting the Quinny Buzz 4 too, we wouldn't have been able to if my in-laws hadn't offered to pay for it. We were gonna go for the Mothercare Xcursion but were shopping with the in-laws and they preferred the Quinny so offered to buy it for us, it is very expensive with everything - over £700! But worth it I think :)

I know, it's expensive isn't it, but assuming it lasts until baby is 3, it's not to bad I guess?
Did you get the Jetsport colour Pinky?
Lou_1 - aww that's sweet, letting your OH choose, which one did you go for in the end?
Lulu - £700?! Are you getting the carrycot as well then? I don't think I'll be getting that bit, due to cost, which is a shame cause the Silvercross has one, and it looks really cute and comfy, but there's no way I can spend that sort of money on the pram, that's more than the nursery furniture :( Was just gonna stick with the pram, and the car seat, that's bad enough, lol.
xx

i ordered the silver cross surf, and since then have made myself avoid looking at any prams lol just incase i get tempted

Yep, we're getting the carry cot too because we aren't going to bother with a moses basket x

Although....thinking about it....it might be better to buy a moses basket because its cheaper, and just use the carseat whilst she's still a newborn!

Oh no :( Had you brought yours though, before changing your mind!!
There's so much choice, it's really hard to make your mind :) I do like the Silvercross still, just prefer the Quinny!
xx

luckily we got ours on baby plan & were able to swap it ! I do like it, just cant stand the size of it and found something else i love so i cant stand looking at the old one anymore lol. sounds pathetic i know!

but now i want to change the colour of the one weve gone for too haha im so fussy!

Oohhh Teampc, don't get me started, I love that one as well! You'll have me looking at other prams now, and I'll go off the Quinny, this poor little boy will arrive and we'll have nothing to put him in!
xx

Although....thinking about it....it might be better to buy a moses basket because its cheaper, and just use the carseat whilst she's still a newborn!

haha, I was just about to say this to you! I'm getting a moses basket to, but that's cause it's cheaper than a pram carrycot (unless of course its free and included in the pram deal, lol!)
xx

luckily we got ours on baby plan & were able to swap it ! I do like it, just cant stand the size of it and found something else i love so i cant stand looking at the old one anymore lol. sounds pathetic i know!

but now i want to change the colour of the one weve gone for too haha im so fussy!

Ah yeah, I asked the lady if this one is on babyplan, and she said not yet, because it's so new :( shame, cause be easier to pay for over a couple of months, but not to worry!

Oh no, what colour have you got, and what do you want? I don't think your being fussy, it's our hormones, we're allowed to change our minds constantly, lol.
xx

haha look at you all with your posh prams lol

im using my good old graco from what we had on our d.s he wasnt in it long as as soon as we could we switch to a buggy haha

haha look at you all with your posh prams lol

im using my good old graco from what we had on our d.s he wasnt in it long as as soon as we could we switch to a buggy haha

Awww, I wouldn't say posh hun!
I had a graco with my DD but that was 10 years ago, fancied a change, although I've still got that one somewhere, probably covered in cobwebs in the shed, lol.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back