Practical Driving test whilst pregnant

Sophie_P

Reaction score
I have my third test in two weeks. I'll be 9 weeks pregnant. Has anybody taken a test whilst pregnant? Did it affect you much?
I feel under quite a lot of pressure to pass before February xx

Last edited:
I had my first on Friday and failed, I'm 29 weeks pregnant, I don't think it really made a difference, apart from I get tired more quickly but the test is so short I don't think it affects it. If you're visibly pregnant they won't do the emergency stop but that's it. Good luck! I have my second test booked in 5 weeks, if I don't pass I'll be so devastated!

Do you feel under pressure hun to get passed before baby arrives?
I just don't want to have to go on a bus!
What did you fail on?

Do you feel under pressure hun to get passed before baby arrives?
I just don't want to have to go on a bus!
What did you fail on?

Yeah I feel under huge pressure, if I fail next time I don't think I can re take till after baby and I'm worried I won't find the time etc :(, so now I feel even more pressure :(! You have plenty of time till Feb even if you don't pass :)! I only started learning just over 3 months ago for fear of having to travel by bus everywhere! Aha! I failed on changing gear accidentally from 2-1 instead of 3, ( even tho I changed to correct gear before lifting clutch up ), and steering( which has been a weakness since the start ) , I'm hoping I will be way less nervous next time tho! But I do feel even more pressure now which sucks :(!!! How come you failed? :( xxx

I did my test at 8 months pregnant and failed. Finally passed at 9 months! It was stressful yes but such a relief when I did pass just on time! X

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

I failed first test on clipping the kerb doing a parallel park, second test I got a parallel park AGAIN and parked too wide!!
I bet you are really worried hun I know I would be/am.
Can't believe how hard it is to pass nowadays! Xx

I failed first test on clipping the kerb doing a parallel park, second test I got a parallel park AGAIN and parked too wide!!
I bet you are really worried hun I know I would be/am.
Can't believe how hard it is to pass nowadays! Xx

Oh no :(! Fingers crossed you get a different manoeuvre this time!! Least you know everything else is all good :)! I agree, I hate how nerve wracking it is! I really hope I have a nicer examiner next time! Hate that the waiting list is so long tho, 5 weeks away feels like forever, want to do it again and get it out of the way :(!!! Feel terrible cause I hoped I would pass even tho I know it's rare first time, and I've already bought a car that is siting in the drive gathering dust! Think ill have to provisionally insure it and make some use! Xxx

I've got minors from other things like lane discipline etc but it is purely nerves and rushing to get back to the test centre! X

Can't comment about doing a test when pregnant but don't let the pressure get to you. There's months before feb so you'll be fine! When's your test? I passed mine 2nd time & found it easier because it was early morn so most of time (aside from parking etc) I was stuck in traffic meaning I did very little driving! xx

A colleague of mine took her test at 38 weeks. I think the instructor was a little worried she was going to give birth there and then!! She passed though.

I have my test a week on Wednesday, the 17th. I don't have to worry about the money side of things as idriving instructor will pay for every test until I pass now(they see it as their responsibility if your not passing)
It just feels like a massive hurdle!xx

I have my test a week on Wednesday, the 17th. I don't have to worry about the money side of things as idriving instructor will pay for every test until I pass now(they see it as their responsibility if your not passing)
It just feels like a massive hurdle!xx

Def good luck for 17th.

I passed 2nd time around (admittedly wasn't pregnant) my only advice would be keep your concentrations levels up that was my down fall first time around! I nearly passed but 500m from the test centre in the way back I crunched the gears and the car veered towards the kerb!! Auto fail :(

Best of luck, hun! Even if you don't pass this next test you've got lots of time. The only thing I found about pregnancy and driving was that as I got bigger, I found the belt across my lap became more uncomfortable and I was shifting it all the time as I drove. Not great. I passed second time at the ripe old age of 28 a few years ago. If, like my instructor, your instructor insists on a lesson before the test, maybe tell him/her that you'd rather not have it, or just a short drive before so that you're not overtired.

FX for 17th xx

Last edited:
My instructor definately insists on a lesson before my test! Think I just need to chill and not rush.

I think the stress is immense regardless! I was a nervous wreck and passed on my 5th :$ and each time i failed i sobbed all the way home! Lol and thats without the added pregnancy hormones!

I'm sure you'll be fine but even if you don't pass, you have plenty of time to try again before baby arrives xxx

Failed test again over something very very silly! I was on a huge roundabout and crossed over on the wrong lane, so I got a serious fault for lane discipline. I would have passed this time as I only got SIX minors! Examiner said drive was lovely and he enjoyed it so hopefully next time x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back