Potty training

wifeywifey

Reaction score
My lo is only 14 months and my mil told me I should ne sitting lo on a potty, I think he is too young to even try, he can say pooed when he has done one but always thought they said wait till about 2 so just wondered when yoh started and how did you do it?

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

I'm no expert having not reached that stage yet, but I thought them telling you they needed changed was a sign of being almost ready. Although 14 months does seem quite early.
Maybe you could try it but in a very relaxed way - like sitting on it before getting dressed in the morning, or before a bath and see what happens.

Hopefully someone with a bit more experience will be able to give better advice.

Everything I read says 18 months at earliest and he doesnt always say it. I just wondered ppls thoughts

I agree it's way too early wifey. I've read to wait until 2 or when they're dry through the night. You know your LO best and it sounds like your instincts great!

I've heard that their brain just isn't developed enough for it until 18 months, but I have no experience of it yet so may be completely wrong :)

Thanks I really thought it was way too early but wanted to know if you girls thought different

From what I remember from my older two, being able to tell you when they had done a poo was the very beginning of the "gearing up for pottytraining" stage, but they weren't actually ready to use the potty or toilet until they were able to announce their need for a poo (or wee) BEFORE they had done it - and there was quite a long time delay between the announcing after and announcing before stages! They were both about 2 when I pottytrained them, and my daughter wasn't even quite ready for it at that age.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back