Potty Training DD and Childminder

Sezzy1718

Reaction score
Hey

I took a week off work to concentrate on potty training my DD, we started off just letting her run round the house without any bottoms and asking her to go on the potty if she needed to pee. She was doing brilliantly, we introduced big girl knickers after a few days and again said don't go pee in your knickers remember to use the potty. She started to shout wee wee or poo poo and run to the potty and was really proud of herself. She'd even had a few dry naps and drier nappies at night time.

I texted my childminder the night before was due to go back asking if it was ok to bring her in knickers as she understood not to wee in knickers but was just treating pull ups like nappies as that's what she has done all her life and said she can't have her in knickers as she could be having accidents all day and she has other kids to look after.

She also only has a toilet upstairs and no potty, I suggested bringing ours but she kind of skirted round it.

She's been at the childminders today and so far hasn't peed once on the toilet and has been going in her pull up, I feel really disappointed and like all our hard work has been wasted

Anyone else experienced this?

My nursery weren't consistent but my son won't wear anything else than nappies when out... so even when he finally started peeing on toilet and potty on holiday I'm quite sure they didn't take him to the toilet often enough or when he needed to. Children need to pee x amount of time after a drink not at set times when they're due a change which is why it didn't work. My son has special needs so changing nursery too close to roll over to reception wasn't going to be a good idea. That she doesn't want to drag kids up and down the stairs is understandable, but when you offer a potty (which I find weird that she doesn't have one) would make me consider changing childminders. Potty training can be hard enough as it is and quite frankly it wouldn't be an option for me to be buying expensive pull ups just because your childminder can't be bothered.

It's difficult because in all other aspects she's a brilliant childminder and we have a really good relationship so I wouldn't want to ruin that by just going against what she's asked.

Just had a text saying she's not been on the toilet again all morning but was absolutely fine last night at home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back