Potty ready?

Lisajo5

Reaction score
Hi,

We've been with no nappies for 2 weeks today! Apart from naps and bedtime. He is 22 months and on average he only has one or two accidents a day. The problem is unless I sit him on the potty he will just go in his pants. He says oops if he does one in his pants. If we go out he's amazing and goes when we get back home. How long did it take your LO's to get the hang of taking themselves? And learning to pull pants up and down? Should I carry on as I've come this far or wait until he is older? Confused as what to do for best!
On a positive note he went to nursery for three hours and went to potty three times with there help :) any advice much appreciated :)

No idea unfortunately. Started my son with it in November and he still wets himself at least once a day. So frustrating!

I would say don't go back he's doing really well! With my eldest I kept the potty in the living room and let him take himself, once he'd got the hang of it. Even from early on he only went 3/4 times a day - I kept putting him on the potty but he really didn't need to go. It takes a while for them to learn to pull pants down and back up (apparently that really hard according to my boys!). My youngest trained around the same age as your little one and would shout when he needed the loo and learnt to take himself pretty quickly. I think following his big brothers lead helped. He is 2 and a half and takes himself most of the time as he stands up, he just needs a hand pulling his trousers up and getting on the toilet if needed x

Thanks for your advice :) we had a perfect day today, poos and all wee's in potty. He is trying hard to pull his pants up, hopefully he'll pick it up soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back