pull up pants, do they work?

farls

Reaction score
today my little boy has ben telling me he needs the toliet and asking for his nappy off to use the potty. im thinking i might try pull up pants so he can use the potty more easily. does anyone else have experience using them and which make are the best. he is on the small side for a 2 yr old. he is moving nursery in 2 weeks so didnt want to start full on training until he is settled but he is obviously ready. not sure what to do for the best really. any advice??

I've used both huggies and pampers easy/pull up pants, both were fine. Haven't had any probs with either of them.

However, there are lots of different opinions as to whether you should use them at all. It might be best to go straight to normal pants. I've read that using pull up pants can confuse them and by going straight to normal pants they can feel straight away when they've done a wee.

That said, we used the Feel n Learn pull up pants and our son could feel when he'd done a wee.

I'm no expert though, my son is just not interested in using his potty at all. If your son is keen to use it I would take the opportunity and go for the full training. If you do it intensively, I bet he'll be out of his nappies in no time.

Our nursery is really supportive with potty training, check what yours is like.

Hopefully other Mums who've been through potty training will give you there two penneth :D

Good luck, hope my little boy follows suit soon :D

When we toilet trained millie, we just kept asking and asking if she needed a wee, and kept putting her on the toilet every 5 mins lol, once she did a few wees she soon got the idea. She got into a bad habit though that she wouldnt do a poo on the potty so we just left her nappy off and she soon caught on. Once she was trained in the day, we used the pull ups during the night which were so easy to just pull down if she needed the loo in the night. I do recommend them, but they dont seem to hold as much as normal nappies, and get smelly (wee) really quickly. sorry i rambled a bit!

Tescos do great pullups if you have one near you and a fraction of the price of pampers and huggies. Though my eldest uses huggies and therefab nappies, i prefe them to pampers.

i have bought a small pack of pull up pants so i'll see how it goes. nursery is gresat about pootty training. they start a new nursey on 12th nov so i will prob wait until he starts to do full on training. i tried him with normal underpants and i dont think he could grasp the idea that they were not nappies. i guess i'll just have to see how it goes. thanks for the advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back