Post Traumatic Stress Disorder

moss

Reaction score
I have had PTSD before. In fact, I still suffer from it in relation to the original cause sometimes. Now I am feeling it worse than ever about giving birth. There are a couple of moments that I randomly flashback to, and get really upset about. I can be a nervous wreck and I am at my stress threshold, so everything slightly trying pushes me over the edge. I want to talk about this to my GP (she's so lovely to talk to), but I'm woried about what they will do about it. Will they make me have the health visitor over more often? I don't like having her over very much- it's inconvenient and she is not helpful at all. I feel like she is just doing it to fill a quota and hand out leaflets.

You don't have to have the HV visit if you don't want her to. You can go to the HV clinic if you need to see one or have LO weighed.

Your GP may well refer you but for some form of counselling if you would like it. You don't have to take them up on it. You have the choice regarding your medical treatment, remember that. You can always say no if it's not what you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back