How d u get over birth trauma, and depression?

Absolutely. Although I have to say the midwife herself was brilliant, Lou was her first delivery as a qualified midwife and she was very emotional and cried just as much as me when she popped out!

Funny thing, Lou now wants to be a midwife :D

I felt let down by my midwives at the birth of my little girl. Not as bad as you guys but I did suffer from PND and developed a mistrust and dislike of HVs. I just wanted to send anyone who has had a bad time some love and words of support. As someone else said, life is precious. Don't let bad HVs or MWs bring you down. Defy them by being the wonderful mothers you all are. Please don't blame yourself. You are wonderful even for being able to post such traumatic stories to give others hope and comfort that other people have had a bad time too.

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

i kinda hav a confession . . . :oops:

i didnt go to my appointment earlier :shock: :oops:

I got up, felt like shit - got ths virus thing and didnt phone or out :oops:

I feel well bad for not phonin like but at the end of the day even talkin quiet makes me cough and i dont wanna cough down the phone..

ok u all can slap me now lol
just not too hard now ladies i am poorley :pray:

Ok I will try to give you a gentle slap with some reality facts.

You need to keep your appointments or if not phone and explain why.

If SS are involved and Health visitors they will be monitoring things like this - and you need to be seen to be helping yourself, otherwise they may think that you are not a fit mother??

Not trying to be hard. I have had depression but 17 years ago so I know how hard it can be when you really just don't want to get out of bed and see anyone or justify yourself to anyone. BUT you HAVE to do it for your children.

Ring the doctors and rearrange your appointment!!!!

Freya said:
Ok I will try to give you a gentle slap with some reality facts.

You need to keep your appointments or if not phone and explain why.

If SS are involved and Health visitors they will be monitoring things like this - and you need to be seen to be helping yourself, otherwise they may think that you are not a fit mother??

Not trying to be hard. I have had depression but 17 years ago so I know how hard it can be when you really just don't want to get out of bed and see anyone or justify yourself to anyone. BUT you HAVE to do it for your children.

Ring the doctors and rearrange your appointment!!!!

I agree with Freya, if you miss appointments it will go down on your record! you need to do everything possible to get ss off your back.

Yea i will phone and rearange.
I do feel mean for not goin now but i really am ill :(

its no exuse i kno but like ATCHEW :(

boo hoo

i have no advice. but wanted to voice my disgust at how you ladies have been treated. that is absolutely awful. and these people should not be practicing :evil:

ok ok ok panic over

i saw this guy at the other docs when i were takin the kiddies in - they too well ill same virus :(

anyway made a lil story up like how we met on the wed and i presumed it was the next wed not tue
and it was onli wen i got home i got his message and realised it was indeed tue :eek:

He said it really doesnt matter and i will b seeing him next wed at 11.30 !!

so ok girls, am gettin me help i need ;) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back