Possible Miscarriage

sarah120281

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am 5+3 pregnant with my second baby, my other one is almost 2.

Yesterday I started bleeding a brown/red blood and it got progressively worse through the day with period like cramps in my back and abdomen. It became a bright red blood, and as heavy as my normal period which is quite a heavy one normally. My period would normally be due at this time of the month also, but due to the 3 positive pregnancy tests last week I wasn't expecting one.

I am also bleeding today, lighter than yesterday and more of a dark red, I have no pain the initial pain was yesterday when it first started, which is why I am so confused. I believed a miscarriage would be more painful or at least on a par with normal period pain which it isn't

The doctor said they cannot tell me at the point if I have lost the baby, because it is too early to tell on an U/S they have advised I try a pregnancy test in a week or two, and if it is negative then it is evident I have lost this baby.

I am so upset, I don't know what to do, I have researched so much in the last two days into success stories about bleeding, there are many but I just feel so negative due to the amount of blood I have lost.

Sarah

Time is the only way of knowing im afraid :(

Aw honey I'm awful sorry. It's so so common this early but really all you can do is keep on testing. You do hear of ladies bleeding and who are absolutely fine. If it stats positive id be phoning back and demanding an ultrasound

Keep us posted xx

Thank you. I will keep you posted, All I can do is hope for the best. xx

*update*

today the bleeding has subsided a little is now a thicker brown blood. if I was having a miscarriage surely this would last more than 2 days. its like the end of a period today. Is it possible my body put me on a period as this is the first period since becoming pregnant and it has now realised that I do not need a period?

Or am I grasping at straws.

Sarah

You can try asking your doctor to do 2 HCG blood tests 2 days apart. This will tell you what is probably going on at this stage.

I had some bleeding with this pregnancy at 4-5 weeks, then a quite heavy bleeds at 7 and 9 weeks. By 7 weeks the USS tells you what is happening but at 4-5 weeks the bloods were really useful and helped keep me sane until I could have a scan. If the wait and/or poas is going to drive you crazy, ask for the blood test!

Try to stay sane and don't google too much. Anyone else's story good or bad is not going to help you or your pregnancy. I hope you get to be one of the success stories. x

Hey All thanks for the advice, I did a clear blue pregnancy test this afternoon which revealed I was in fact my longer pregnant, so I think the mc had reduced my hcg levels to no detective, I feel like I have closure now which has made me feel a bit better, and at least I know where I am now.

Thank u all sarah x

sorry for your loss. It's not knowing that makes these situations even more unbearable!

I had a miscarriage at 7weeks after the intitial heavyish bleeding for a day with cramps it changed to just brown the next day, so in the early stages it can be just short like that. I had a scan the day before and saw the baby and heartbeat and a scan following to check everything had passed.

sorry for your loss. It's not knowing that makes these situations even more unbearable!

I had a miscarriage at 7weeks after the intitial heavyish bleeding for a day with cramps it changed to just brown the next day, so in the early stages it can be just short like that. I had a scan the day before and saw the baby and heartbeat and a scan following to check everything had passed.
Hey hun just seen your comment, I have just lost baby at 6 weeks. heavy bleeding last night, lighter today. Whats happens next? will I bleed heavy again? cramping bad!

Hi lovie,

I'm sorry to hear that news its never good news I started off bleeding brown blood then it turned heavy and bright reds, the pain wasn't too bad but I've had a baby before and I spose my muscles in my abdomen would be slacker, if the pain gets real bad go to a and e and if u soak more than one pad an hour that's when I'd speak to NHS direct. It's an awfully sad time, try your best to rest.

Sarah xx

Hey hun just seen your comment, I have just lost baby at 6 weeks. heavy bleeding last night, lighter today. Whats happens next? will I bleed heavy again? cramping bad!

I just had light bleeding then brown spotting for a few days = the cramping only lasted one day of the heavier bleeding. sorry for your loss x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back