Possible growth spurt

Mildly

Reaction score
Since Friday night, Oscar has taken to feeding pretty much every hour whilst he is awake. Obviously we are really pleased because he needs to put on weight and get back to his birth weight. I was just wondering how long babies tend to do this increased feeding? Am I looking at another couple of days before he returns to his every three/two hourly feeding? Or could it be longer. I'm guessing that every baby is different but my nipple are getting sore now and it would be nice to think there is an end in sight.

(Fingers crossed his weight will have gone up at his weigh in on Tuesday :pray: )

Galen's around that time was about 4 or 5 days iirc. The next one was about the same. His 12 week one was longer.

But then another baby may be less or more. Case of going with the flow :roll:

Thanks ladies, I thought there wouldn't be a hard and fast rule to it! It'll be interesting to see how long he does keep up the increased feeding :)

connor was on 1.5/2 hour feeds all the way up until he was on 3 meals a day i'm afraid...! each baby is so different - you may find that this is indeed just a little growth spurt and that it settles back down again in the next couple of days. but be prepared for the worst, LOL :wink: :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the warning ;) I'm hoping that he will resume his previous routine but hey if this puts weight on him, I don't mind the rigorous feeding schedule :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back