• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Possible fluid in fallopian tube

I'm so sorry I hope you can get back on track soon , you poor thing so bloody unfair xxx

So sorry your appointment didn't go well. It all seems so unfair xx

He said they just occur sometimes and often drain of their own accord. We wondered if it was caused by the IUI as my tubes were clear before that.

Oh hun. I'm sorry. I felt the same when they found my hydrosalpinx (about feeling like a specimen). As I said keep hope mine drained by themselves so it can happen. And if you need surgery it would be for the best as I said I lost my bean at 7/8 weeks and I wouldn't wish that you go through that at all. FX it all works out for you x x

Last edited:
Oh hun. I'm sorry. I felt the same when they found my hydrosalpinx (about feeling like a specimen). As I said keep hope mine drained by themselves so it can happen. And if you need surgery it would be for the best as I said I lost my bean at 7/8 weeks and I wouldn't wish that you go through that at all. FX it all works out for you x x

Thank you, that makes me feel better! x x

Looks like I'm in a similar position to you blueflower, it's all shit, boo :-( xx

The consultant reviewed my hsg images and can't be 100% sure that my blocked tube isn't a hydrosalpinx so wants to do a laparoscopy. Was hoping to start IVF in March too. We paid to see this consultant privately back in December but he didn't actually review the images, just read the short radiographer report to say there was a blockage. If he'd done a more thorough job back then I may have already had the lap. One thing after another xx

I feel a bit strange actually, so unbelievable having this enforced break from TTC and there’s nothing we can do. I feel strangely calm. It might be to protect me from getting really depressed but I feel as if we’ve been on a train going nowhere and have been forced to get off and just wander around the countryside!

I’ve got no control over what happens next and when, so I’m just going to float above it all and live in la la land. 8 months is a long time to wait to start TTC again but I was already over 35 when we started TTC so I’ll just be even older and there’s nothing more to lose.

I’m extremely unlikely to get pregnant in the next few months so I’m going to drink as much alcohol and caffeine as I feel like and get back on the trampoline. (As soon as this horrendous rain stops.) :moon:

The consultant reviewed my hsg images and can't be 100% sure that my blocked tube isn't a hydrosalpinx so wants to do a laparoscopy. Was hoping to start IVF in March too. We paid to see this consultant privately back in December but he didn't actually review the images, just read the short radiographer report to say there was a blockage. If he'd done a more thorough job back then I may have already had the lap. One thing after another xx

Oh wow that's exactly the same as me. Do you have to wait ages for the laparoscopy too? Its so horrible when they don't know exactly what it is. x x

Well he said he'd try and get me booked in for the end of March but I don't know how much say he has or what the wait lost is, hopefully he's true to his work so it'll be 3/4 months on hold. He said to still start the ball rolling at Bourne hall where we want the IVF so we'll do that...how hold are you know? I know you're an oldie like me in the over 35s, I've just turned 38 and hubby will be 44 next week do feel very anxious about that. I'm glad you feel calm for the time being, you have the right approach xx

Oh blue flower, I'm so sorry the appointment didn't go well. I really genuinely feel for you hun, it's frustrating enough that the whole thing is out of our control, so it's even worse when our bodies faff about and put us on hold for even longer! It's always a bloody waiting game and I am so sorry you're going through this. I hope it clears up without needing surgery.

I almost don't want to say it cos I'm sure you'd rather be cracking on with the ivf but in the meantime, definitely use the time to enjoy the things you shouldn't and have some fun. I really hope this sorts itself out and soon! Thinking of you. :hugs: xx

Hey Blueflower, I've been away for 2 weeks so just ctahcing up now. Sorry for your outcome but I saw on another post you think you will be a good candidate for IVF. I really hope this is a turning point for you in your TTC journey and that 2014 will be your year!

I got a copy of the letter from the clinic yesterday saying they've put me on the waiting list for a laparoscopy. It also said that if the other tube is affected then they'll have to remove both! I'd kind of blanked that out when we were told last week. So no chance of a natural conception EVER! But I don't see why it would spread to the other one? Maybe he just said it as a worst case scenario? Great!

Been trampolining to try to dislodge the fluid ha ha, and it cheered me up a bit.

This will be the first month for more than a year where I won't be bothering with OPKs!

Still in denial though. Can't believe we've come this far and only just encountered a problem! :mad:

Just wondering if you have any updates hun how you are feeling etc. You are never far from my thoughts!

Oh thank you, that’s kind.

I think I ovulated from the side where the fluid is on Sunday, I couldn’t face doing OPKs without clomid in case they were negative, but we BDd at the weekend even though the egg won’t meet the sperm! DH is still taking the Wellman vitamins bless him! When AF arrives I’ll book the HSG at the private clinic to see if they can confirm what the blockage is and try to avoid a laparoscopy.

I’m trying not to think about losing 1 or even 2 tubes, it’s probably the worst thing that has ever happened to me, but DH told me not to worry yet in case it doesn’t happen. I have a tiny thread of hope that the fluid will disperse of its own accord so that’s keeping me going.

My counsellor said that it’s as if I’m in purgatory because I won’t know for several months if the news is going to be good or bad. I’ve got a heightened sense of awareness of small things at the moment, e.g. getting v excited about our daffodils coming up or laughing hysterically at a comedy show. I’ve also been taking great delight in putting a bottle of wine in the fridge on a Thursday night so it’s nice and chilled for the weekend!

We’re going to have to think of things to distract us over the next few months. We’ve got a party coming up where the friends have loads of children, one was unplanned and when we saw them a few years ago they gleefully put their then youngest on our laps for us to ‘practice’! Hopefully they’ll have realized that something is wrong and not mention children to us. Or maybe a mutual friend has blabbed! I really imagined I’d not be able to drink at the party but then I’ve imagined that for 2 ½ years each time we go to one! At least I'll be able to drink and have fun.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear this blueflower I really hope u get sum good news soon n that the fluid has gone by itself I so want this yr to b ur yr hun. I'm always popping in to see how u r ggetting on.

Michelle.x

Hi Blueflower

I'm sorry you're going through all this hun. Try not to worry about the possibility of them removing both tubes - I know it sucks as its easier said than done and takes away natural conception but if you go down the IVF route I hear if there are any tubal issues IVF is more successful if they are removed. The tubal fluid can increase during stimms and can fall into uterus which is not good. This is something they thought had happened to me a few weeks back while I was stimming. I had a lap about 18 months ago they didn't remove my blocked tube at the time as said it wouldn't affect my IVF. Lap lasted about 30 minutes as they didn't do much. I had 2 tiny incisions - belly button and left blocked tube side. Took a couple of weeks off work. Try not to worry hun - big hugs. Think of it as preparing you for successful IVF.

M x x x

Last edited:
Thank you!
Hayes your ticker looks as if you are very overdue!! That would be so lovely to get my BFP this year.
Moley, I had a lap last year so still have one of the tiny scars, they'd have to open it up again! It makes sense re the tubes but I was still entertaining the idea that I might get pregnant naturally so I didn't want to be beholden to the clinic especially if we want more than one child. But I'll have to cross that bridge if and when we come to it!

I know lol can't seem to work out how to take it off!!

Michelle.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back