Positive OPK 2 days after AF ended??

In Dreams

Reaction score
Bit of my background. I came off the pill in August and had a withdrawal bleed a week afterwards. I then had a 34 day cycle followed by a 62 day one. I finished AF 3 days ago and started using OPKs the day after (bit early I know but my cycle is so unpredictable at the moment). The one I took on Thursday was negative and then I took one on Friday which appears to be positive, much to my surprise. Is it possible to get a positive OPK 2 days after AF has ended?? Or is it just the hormones in my body messing around?? x

Here is a pic of the test I took yesterday. What do you think? (Control line is on the left)

Attachments

• Fri.jpg
    Fri.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 7
Looks positive to me, make sure you BD today. You could be having a shorter cycle this month. :dust: xxx

That's what I thought, just think it's strange that it's positive this early... will test again this afternoon.

And any cycle will be shorter than my last one :p

Ah well, better grab hubby just in case!

xxx

Defo grab your hubby today, got my fx for you and hope it won't be long til you are joining me! :dust: xxx

If you have plenty of OPKs I would keep testing throughout your cycle (once a day should be enough) just incase you get another positive as sometimes although you get positive the egg isn't released so your body tries again. xxx

Defo grab your hubby today, got my fx for you and hope it won't be long til you are joining me! :dust: xxx
Aww thanks.. trying not to get too excited just incase it is just my body messing around, although I have 'googled' it and apparently it is possible to ovulate quite soon after AF has ended. Want the afternoon to hurry up now so I can test again xxx

Have just done another OPK and it's positive. Does this mean I'm about to ovulate already?? xx

Get BDing hun! I'd also get some CB digital OPKs (bit more expensive but smiley face clears any uncertainty for me). Fx for you :) xxx

If you're OPKs tomorrow are negative hopefully means you have ovulated, yaaaaaay, let the symptom spotting begin! Keep testing with OPKs as I mentioned earlier just incase your body trys again. Got my FX for you this cycle :dust: xxx

Good news is is that today's test is negative so it looks like I've ovulated. Bad news is that I managed to set my vertigo off last night and I can still barely move my head without the room spinning and feeling sick so it's not looking likely that any BD will be going on tonight :shakehead: xx

I wouldn't stress bout tonight then if you're not upto it, got my fx for you now :dust: xxx

Now I'm confused. Did another OPK last night (around 5) and then fell asleep trying to get rid of this vertigo. Just remembered this morning that I did one, checked it and it's positivem:s Is it normal to have a positive OPK 3 days in a row? Or is it my body being weird? xx

Forgot to say, my temp has gone from being 36.4 on Saturday and yesterday morning to 36.7 this morning, if that tells you anything...

Last edited:
I wouldn't have thought your body would be ready to ovulate so soon after your period because the follicles on your ovaries have to mature and the womb lining has to re-thicken ready for implantation which takes around a week.

I would keep BDing and see what happens with this cycle as your body might be getting used to working without the pill - do you normally have irregular cycles?

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back