Position of baby

poppy160

Reaction score
I had another scan on Wednesday, and found out that my babys presentation is breech..this means like, bum is pointing south and head is north? Is that right? Would that explain why I'm feeling movements just above my pubic bone still? I feel things higher up as if she's turning round, but most movement is still very down low, like the proper kicking..OH and Mum are convinced breech is where the baby lies with it's head/feet point east/west..but isn't that transverse? Also found out that because she's breech she has a flat head.. :lol: but that will go back to normal shortly after birth thankfully hehe.

you're right - breech is head up, bum down. east/west is transverse.

i feel most of my kicks low down but that could well be because of my anterior placenta anyway.

there's loads of time for your LO to shift round yet :) xx

Yep, you're right about breech being head up, bum down. I was a breech and know I caused my Mum some pain. Oops. I hope I'm not re-paid with this LO. :rotfl: :shock:

Your LO is likely to move well before your due date so I wouldn't worry too much either :D

Thanks for your replies :) I know she will move before the due date..apparently most babies are breech for most of the time and turn. I'm just being impatient :lol:

DD was breech (bum at the bottom) right up to 36 weeks... and then turned in one go (rather uncomfortable.. :? )

This one went head first at 22 weeks and hasn't moved since all my movements are up by my ribs on the right... So you never know... but when this one was breech I had all my movements (and some quite painful ones) all in my pelvis although because her arms were by her head, I got softer movements at the top. :D Sounds perfectly normal...

Lol!! To be honest, I'd rather have her down then up..the odd kick in the bladder seems better than the odd kick in the ribs! But then I haven't really experienced the latter..sounds painful!

Mine is dancing on my bladder at the mo too and kicking inwards a lot - if I didnt know it was a baby in there I would think I have some terrible bowel condition, it feels very weird!
I have an anterior placenta too, do you think this means I wont feel many kicks at the front?
OH thinks I am making it all up cos she stops moving whenever he tries to feel! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back