Poorly Hedgehog

pip

Reaction score
Does anybody know who i can contact about a hedgehog i found on our drive. It is alive but not walking....i put him in our shed with some water and food and he's eaten and drank a little but can't get about.

is there a wildlife trust i can contact who will take it in?

Thanks.

What about the RSPCA? Down here there is actually a hedgehog hospital called Prickly Ball!

yeah just ring the RSPCA and ask them what you can do about it.
poor little fella.

Duno if this is any help to you -

HART Wildlife Rescue: Overton, Hampshire: http://www.hartwildlife.org.uk: HART Wildlife Rescue cares for sick, injured and abandoned wildlife. Our main objective is to return all our patients to the wild as soon as they are fit and strong enough to fend for themselves. Based at Dellands, in Overton, it is the only wildlife care centre in Hampshire.

Don't give it to the RSPCA!

call a local wildlife rescue centre and they will take care of it.

feed him cat food tonight and take him to your local vets in the morning. If they can make him better they normally give you them back to release where you found him

Thnaks for all your replies.....i will have a ring around tomorrow and see what can be done.

fothers said:
feed him cat food tonight and take him to your local vets in the morning. If they can make him better they normally give you them back to release where you found him

Not always the case - vets can be very busy and may end up just shoving the hedgehog in a cage and would be a while before getting looked at.
Best bet is the wildlife rescue they are very good and used to dealing with wildlife.
RSPCA are crap so please avoid them at all costs --- that is if they ever turn up to collect an animal often they don't

Hypnorm- I am a vet and this is what we do at our surgery :D

fothers said:

Cool - I am a veterinary nurse, and i know that often wildlife cases get left till the end of surgery or forgotten about, or just get PTS as the vets don't have time.

Most of the vets i have worked for will give them a quick check over then leave it to the VNs to call a rescue centre for them to collect and sort.
The rescue centres near me are excellent, and really know what they are doing and will collect cases with in a couple of hours.

happy_chick said:
fothers said:

Oooo i'll be bugging you with all of my cat querys lol :lol:

Ditto! :rotfl:

Bet you're fed up of people asking your opinion on pets ailments!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back