Poorly baby...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
My poor little Princess has a cold bless her. It's just sort of "come on out of nowhere" :shock: She is so restless tonight love her and so snuffly :-(

Any advice on the best thing to use to help clear her nose? I've got nothing in other than Calpol but will pick up whatever best in the morning... xxx

i got zak some drops that u put in a bowl of water in their room or on a wet flannel on the radiator when they go to bed. seemed to work quite well for decongesting. cant remember what its called. sorry. also some saline nasal drops are good cos if her nose is blocked they help loosen everything lol xx

A pillow under the matress of the cot at the head end. Itll help her breath while shes sleeping.

Apart from things like Vix for children etc I dont really know much else that isnt using something you need from the shop. Do you have a nasal aspirator if shes really bunged up? Its gross, but it really helped Paige.

Just calpol and lots of hugs. Try and let her fall asleep on you while your standing as itll take any pressure off her head and she'll already be asleep when you put her down. :hug: Hope she feels better soon. x

i got zak some drops that u put in a bowl of water in their room or on a wet flannel on the radiator when they go to bed. seemed to work quite well for decongesting. cant remember what its called. sorry. also some saline nasal drops are good cos if her nose is blocked they help loosen everything lol xx

No worries hun... will look into those :) thanks :) xx

A pillow under the matress of the cot at the head end. Itll help her breath while shes sleeping.

Apart from things like Vix for children etc I dont really know much else that isnt using something you need from the shop. Do you have a nasal aspirator if shes really bunged up? Its gross, but it really helped Paige.

Just calpol and lots of hugs. Try and let her fall asleep on you while your standing as itll take any pressure off her head and she'll already be asleep when you put her down. :hug: Hope she feels better soon. x

Thanks hun... just got OH to put pillow under matress :) I've got a nasal aspirator... (nose suction thing? came with my tommee tippee grooming set thing).

She's had Calpol so can't give her anymore quite yet. She's sleeping, just restless sleep at the moment. Hopefully it won't be too bad for her. What with the lack of food the last couple of days (one doctors orders and then changed by another) this is all she needs! :shakehead: :-( xx

Calpol, a pillow (under the sheet) and Karvol (drops that go on a hanky near them)! Worked a dream in the nights. Try and get her to drink water too if she's feverish.

Calpol, a pillow (under the sheet) and Karvol (drops that go on a hanky near them)! Worked a dream in the nights. Try and get her to drink water too if she's feverish.

Thanks hun :) Karvol! That's what I was thinking about.. the capsule things right? You break them onto a hanky etc? xx

You can get karvol vapour rub too. Paige loves it but she likes it that much she tries to eat it....Not really what its meant for.

we use an olbas oil vapouriser thing which i think is similar?
Poor little thing, how is she morning? It's just so horrible when they're not their normal selves. x

I think I read somewhere that if you have a hot bath or shower it can really help to take bubba into the bathroom so they can breathe in the steam. Hope she feels better soon x

we use an olbas oil vapouriser thing which i think is similar?
Poor little thing, how is she morning? It's just so horrible when they're not their normal selves. x

Thanks hunni... have got some Karvol capsules now to put on a hanky for her... she's worse this morning bless her :-( constant runny nose, eyes watering etc etc :-(

Still manages to give me the most beautiful smiles though bless her xxx

I think I read somewhere that if you have a hot bath or shower it can really help to take bubba into the bathroom so they can breathe in the steam. Hope she feels better soon x

thanks hun :) yeah, read that too... think i might try that later :) xxx

We tried that nasosal (sp?) when Oz had a cold. I couldn't bring myself to put the drops up his nose though so had to make OH do it lol I'm such a wuss!

Hope Layla is back to herself soon. Maybe that's why she was a bit extra sicky/green poos coz she was coming down with something??

Lots of mummy cuddles xxxxxx

Thanks hun... will have a look out for that. It's hard giving them certain treatments but I always try and think how it will benefit them...

I did wonder about a link with the sick/poo etc. Got to chance surgery this morning to see if they've had any results back yet... so hopefully they have. If not then be next week now (can take up to 5 days) xx

When Alfie had a cold I used Olbas oil in his room over night and saline spray to help clear his nose and steam as already said in the bathroom. Also if you do already give water to your LO on occasions then slightly warm water helped him to keep hydrated because he was off his milk.

This is exactly what we do x x

thanks girlies :) just one thing about the pillow... Layla's started moving around alot in her cot now... how does this work with trying to keep her head slightly raised? Especially when she ends up with her head where her feet should be? xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back