Poop!

mum2A&L

Reaction score
Does anyone know a trick to get cat poo smell out of carpet?

My uncle walked some through my flat without realising. Ive scrubbed and scrubbed it, but the smell won't go away :puke: :puke:

I think I have gone through a whole bottle of oust, which hasn't worked! ewwwwwwww

Even my kitten turned her nose up at the smell, and she usually buries her head in my OH's shoes! lol

oh god id have to take up the carpet and throw away :puke: :puke: :puke:

I would love to, but i rent and they wouldn't pay for it. the seemed a bit off when we paid to replace the carpet in the bathroom for lino, after a flood from upstairs.

Its nasty, old M&S clothing section type carpet as well!

well id try using biological washing powder as it breaks down everything and scrubbing it with a real good scrubber. then using kithcen paper to dab out the :puke: smell and crap :puke:

then id re do it again. Then id let it dry and sprinkle shake and vac on it and leave over night and vacuum it up. then re do every thing again.

good luck .

you may even be able to get some carpet friendly oils to sprinkle on the carpet.

What you have to remember is that you have to get the smell out first before using smelly things on it other wise you will just smell crap with nice smell on it if you know what i mean.

I hope you have been wearing gloves to scrub that cat poo just to be on the safe side hun!!

Ewwww hope the smell goes soon, its vile :puke:

honest jade i feel sick to the stomach reading this post. it made me heave replying to it

puke04.gif

Yes its not the nicest post to be reading around lunchtime is it?????

get your fooking uncle on his hands and kneews scrubbing it!

And tell the silly man to watch where hes treding next time
walkingsmiley.gif

hehe, but i knew a subject with the name poop would get people looking :)

Now i have the shake and vac song in my head!

thanks for the suggestion, i will give it ago.

jade, ive had a peg on my nose as well as gloves!! :puke:

OH, just dropped of some stuff from work home, and the first thing he says is "stinks of poo in here". I could have throttled him!

johnsons do a really good disinfectant that is specially for cat poo etc... we had to use it to stop the cats goin behind the telly to poo it was about 3.99 for the bottle, they also say orange peel or juice is good for it too

Lyn_no3 said:
johnsons do a really good disinfectant that is specially for cat poo etc... we had to use it to stop the cats goin behind the telly to poo it was about 3.99 for the bottle, they also say orange peel or juice is good for it too

ooo.. i have orange cleaner. Will read the side of the bottle and see if it suitable for carpet.

i can still smell it when i go in the front room. but i need to go through my front room to get to the kettle! NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

its only bloody cat poop it aint that gross i can think of worse things!! :lol:

Hun when one of my kittens was unwell he used to get the runs sometimes uncontrollably and sometimes little bits would get on the carpet, we had this stain spray and we would spray it on and leave it to soak, wipe, boiling water, spray again and disinfectant and it would all come out, and the smell would go...then shake and vac :wink:

just get some normal soapy water... with a little bleach (depending on the colour of the carpet) and then rinse it with hot water (with a hunt of lemon) in it...

even the good old baking soda will do the trick.. god knows it helped me with my doggy poo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back