• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

pool birth

abbiecourt

Reaction score
does it actually ease the pain? i really dont want an epidural this time i want to be able to be in control, i been told by someone if i need the pool i have to phone up before arriving to hospital id also like to do as much at home before i go in x

When I had my first, I had a bath in the night when I was in labour (early stages) and I hated it, and when I reached the labour ward they offered me a pool birth, I said no way, but they convinced me to try it and oh was I glad I listened to them, it was the best, like the ton weight had been lifted... I was a completely different person... But also, if u get in and dont like it, u can just get out and have a land birth, as they call it... Only negatives are, if u end up needing a spinal of any sort, u have to get out, also if u need a drip then u cant have a water birth and also u cant use a TENS machine, for obvious reasons lol...
As for phoning before hand, all wards/hospitals are different, it depends on the amount they have and how many people are using them on the day. U normally phone before u go in anyway to pre warn them ur on ur way so just say to them when u call that u'd like a pool birth and they will tell u if they have one available, I would have thought....
Hope this helps
Siany1982

I just had a waterbirth for my 3rd baby and it was the most amazing experience the pain was bareable the entire way through and actually giving birth was easier too I felt like I was only pushing 5 mins!!! I didnt even have gas and air I didnt need it the warm water was so soothing and calming, it did however help that we had the most amazing midwife best one iv met she turned the lights down and put some music on for us, got drinks for us and chatted away to my husband an I all the way through so I didnt panic at all. Hope you get the birth you want hun I would recomend waterbirth to anyone though xxx

thank u very much for this hun, this my 3rd baby and i hope to have an easy birth in a pool this time thanks for answering my question :) and congrats x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back