Green baby poo?

prickleyfairy

Reaction score
Please help Mia is breastfed, and over the past week her poo has changed from liquidy yellow to bright green and she´s now going 6/7 times a day where as before she was going 1/2 a day...bless her, even her bottom has got sore from going so much. Also what we thought we spotted was a tiny bit of blood in her poo the other day as well, but nothing else since.

Been to the doctors here in Spain...and she seemd to think this was normal, where as me and DH are still concerend? Does anyone know what this could be??

Thanks Amy xx

I was told green poo is a sign of gastric changes, is she colicky at all?

Louies poo is always green??
what does that mean then :think: :think:

haydens poo is always green too..its formula that does that though so not sure why mia would have it..teething causes changes in bowel movements i think it makes them more frequent and runny but not sure about the green! perhaps it is gastric as minxy said, formula makes it green anyway so that wouldnt be a sign of a gastric problem but as you are breastfeeding maybe it is!

fran_23 said:
haydens poo is always green too..its formula that does that though so not sure why mia would have it..teething causes changes in bowel movements i think it makes them more frequent and runny but not sure about the green! perhaps it is gastric as minxy said, formula makes it green anyway so that wouldnt be a sign of a gastric problem but as you are breastfeeding maybe it is!

thats ok then, even though Louie is my 3rd child i was starting to worry, couldnt remember if the poo is meant to be green or yellow :oops: :roll:

Thanks for the replies.....but what is a gastric problem, is it something to worry about? How can it be treated??

Thanks again Amy xx

prickleyfairy said:
Thanks for the replies.....but what is a gastric problem, is it something to worry about? How can it be treated??

Thanks again Amy xx

Didn't mean to scare you!! I just meant gastric as in tummy. Stanley's gets greener when he's got a touch of wind/colic, that's all :)

Ella had blood in her poo when she was teeny aswell, I was told it was normal but it's quite scary!

As for the poo......

2. Baby's bowel movements. For the first few days after delivery, the baby passes meconium, a dark green, almost black, substance. Meconium accumulates in the baby's gut during pregnancy. It is passed during the first few days, and by the third day, the bowel movements start becoming lighter, as more breastmilk is taken. Usually by the fifth day, the bowel movements have taken on the appearance of the normal breastmilk stool. The normal breastmilk stool is pasty to watery, mustard coloured, and usually has little odour. However, bowel movements may vary considerably from this description. They may be green or orange, may contain curds or mucus, or may resemble shaving cream in consistency (from air bubbles). The variations in colour do not mean something is wrong. A baby who is breastfeeding only, and is starting to have bowel movements that are becoming lighter by day 3 of life, is doing well.

Seems it's fine. That came from Kellymom btw, full of lots of great info if you're breastfeeding www.kellymom.com :)

HTH :)

Hi

As others said i beleve its okay, Kiara always had wierd poos, wierd colours, blood or not at all poor girl
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back