PND medication and BF

Happybunny

Reaction score
Hi,

I was just wondering what AD medication was given to breast feeding mothers.

Some of you know already that I saw a psychotherapist through out my pregnancy to help me get through the pregnancy without Seroxat. I had been taking it for over 5 years to help with extreme anxiety. The therapy was brilliant and I managed to go all the way through pregnancy without medication....I thought I was cured!!!!

However, now I have PND (I can't write too much about it at the moment as I will cry). I went to see my psychotherapist two weeks ago and he agreed to see me for some more sessions - but already, things are spiralling out of control. I am loosing myself in anxiety and depression and I am so scared that I won't be able to look after my little girl. I want to take medication now and then do the therapy. I can't wait for the long term effects of therapy.

I am worried about breast feeding though. What meds can be prescribed? Would I be able to take Seroxat whilst BF? (I know that works for me) I am terrified of hurting my little girl by taking drugs.

Please help :hug: :hug:

Hi sweetie
Im not sure about the drugs
Ive been diagnosed with high anixety ive had it for a long time and it had gotmuch worse siince i had Collier though not as intense as yours thats why my doctor has said councilling would be better for me i also breast feed
I did not know of what you had been through sorry hunny im here if you wanna chat about stuff

I just wanted to give you a huge hug :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
the girls in the pnd thread will be able to help

:hug:

I'm sorry that the PND has got you too, there seems to be quite a few of us from our old tri suffering with it atm.
I know Charlie breastfeeds whilst taking AD's so she'll probably know.
I hope you get on top of this soon :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

My h/v said that i'd need to stop bf to take A/D so instead she came to the house weekly for me to talk, talk , talk. that helped me greatly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back