PMS or Pregnant?!?!

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by TinaShine, Dec 16, 2016.

1. TinaShine

TinaShine New Member

Does anyone know if you still get the same pms symptoms if you are pregnant?

AF due in 4 days and I'm not sure if my dull pms symptoms mean she is definitely coming. I've heard that pms and pregnancy symptoms are really similar :S
    2nd cycle ttc
    Last month I had cramps throughout the month, this month I havent felt anything at all really:wall2:
    Help!

2. ClaireDoll

ClaireDoll Well-Known Member

The symptoms of pregnancy and PMS are incredibly similar the only way you will know is if you test.

3. TinaShine

TinaShine New Member

Eeek! yeah, last month I tested a week early and got a bfn
    Trying to avoid doing that this time and just wait. But it's so hard

4. Anna2006

Anna2006 Member

I tested early too, I'm only 9DPO & got BFN. Boo! I got a positive on 11DPO on my pregnancy where I miscarried and it was really strong!

5. LauraJane_xo

LauraJane_xo Member

With my first pregnancy I had all PMS symptoms and even had a little bleed which I later found out was implantation bleeding. I thought to myself that there was no pointing taking a test, a few weeks later I began feeling horribly sick, I was literally bound to the couch with lemonade and vanilla ice cream (which in itself is weird) my partner told me to test... I did and it came out positive! I was 6 weeks gone already.

You never know! I'd test. Good luck Tina! Xx

6. JD.Deedee

JD.Deedee Well-Known Member

Yes your oestrogen rises to prepare for a possible pregnancy whether actually pregnant or not. Hope that helps x

7. lemur9

lemur9 Well-Known Member

It is very hard to tell which symptoms are for PMS or pregnancy. This month, I had very light cramping that started before my period (which came today). That has never happened before, so I thought that maybe it was implantation cramping or something like that. I also felt very dizzy which I have never felt before AF came. This time around has been very weird for me because I experienced PMS symptoms that I mistaken as pregnancy symptoms.

I say, hope for the best! Make sure you test in 4 days. Hopefully you will get a positive result. Fingers crossed for you! :)