symptoms of PMS, the pill or pregnancy??? PLEASE HELP!!

curious101

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Any thoughts are very much appreciated! These are the symptoms... (& by the way it's my 1ST month on the pill) .....
*Very light spotting for about 2 days. Was a brownish color, and accompanies by very light cramps (cramps went away when bleeding stopped).
*Craving for supper sweet stuff at times and then salty, then being nauseated by whichever it was that I ate! (Most of the craving is for cheese though).
*Huge appetite one moment and no appetite the next.
*Sore & weakened bones and joints on hands and feet, mostly hands though.
*Heavy feeling breasts, but NOT too sensitive or enlarged (like they are sometimes w/my PMS).
*And of course the mood swings.

My period due in 5 days & the curiosity is too much! The strange thing I guess is that the morning that I started the light cramps and spotting I felt ....... Well, as dumb as it sounds, I just felt different, strange somehow. I dunno!! :?

curious101 said:
Hello everyone. Any thoughts are very much appreciated! These are the symptoms... (& by the way it's my 1ST month on the pill) .....
*Very light spotting for about 2 days. Was a brownish color, and accompanies by very light cramps (cramps went away when bleeding stopped).
*Craving for supper sweet stuff at times and then salty, then being nauseated by whichever it was that I ate! (Most of the craving is for cheese though).
*Huge appetite one moment and no appetite the next.
*Sore & weakened bones and joints on hands and feet, mostly hands though.
*Heavy feeling breasts, but NOT too sensitive or enlarged (like they are sometimes w/my PMS).
*And of course the mood swings.

My period due in 5 days & the curiosity is too much! The strange thing I guess is that the morning that I started the light cramps and spotting I felt ....... Well, as dumb as it sounds, I just felt different, strange somehow. I dunno!! :?

I know what you feel about different and strange - its a horrid feeling because your worrying your pregnant so you dont know how you should feel - but you shouldnt be spotting if your on the pill, and the description of colour sounds unusal for the pill (ive been on the pill for 4years and i can honestly say i have hardly ever bleed whlst taking it!)

Personally, with a previous pregnancy when i was also on the pill- i got VERY hot flushes and sweats and moodswings... but everyones different.
The pill really mucks your body around - it gives you alot of different symptoms, depending on which pill your taking. You could be pregnant IF you missed a pill or took one too late. Equally if you've had runny stalls or a tummy upset... But it could be your body adjusting to the new hormoans its suddenly intaking... Is this the first time you've EVER taken the pill????

My advice to you would be to finish your pill packet and wait to see what your WITHDRAWAL bleed is like. If its heavy, then I really wouldnt worry so much until your next one - if thats the same then you're probably ok,

but - if its really light, then maybe it'll be worth seeing your doctor??

sorry i couldnt help more!
chel

i had symptoms of pregnancy when i came off the pill in March, but not really when i went on the pill. Having said that i had to have a month off the pill cos i changed doctors and they blummin didnt have my files in time to get my next pill perscription. And i had pregnancy symptoms when i went back on it, so in all i agree chel, it really mucks up ur system, so you dont know whats going on. Do u want to be pregnant? have u been taking all the pills at the appropriate times?
xx

I've been on the pill before, but that was about 4 yrs ago & it was Ortho tri cyclin. This one is Yasmin, & I've never been on it. I did get the "hot flashes" though that you mentioned! Also, I did take the 1st pill late. Was a Sunday start & took 2 on Monday. The spotting was something I knew should be normal for starting the pill, but the fact that the timing alligned with what could be implantation bleeding was pretty odd. Then it stopped. Also, the way it was accompanied by light cramps, & the brown color.... I took a pregnancy test (First Response) and it was negative. Of course if I were to be pregnant it's probably too early to show w/ the test. Right?? I know my plan was obviously to NOT get pregnant by going on the pill. but with all this wondering, There is a part of me that actually wants it after all! Dunno if that makes sense!!

Oh, symptoms I forgot to mention!!
*an obviously heightened sense of smell.
*cold-like symptoms (I've been thinking it's allergies acting up...)
*Have been significantly more tiard than usual. Am normally pretty energetic.
*Digestive system acting up at times.

I appreciate your feedback!

hello again, just read your post. I was on yasmin,and i think its one of the worst for messing u up. was on it for 2 and half years. When ur body gets used to it, it's great, but whilst getting used to it and coming off it it's awful. Hope ur ok
xx

I really do appreciate the feedback, thanks! Am still in the dark about my symptoms.
Any other sugguestions????????
:? :? :?: :? :?

I might be wrong, but Yasmin is definately the pill to give you preg symptoms!

While on Yasmin I got veiney bbs, the little nodules you get on your nipples when your preg, the line down your belly when your preg. But I wasn't preg - this was all caused by the pill! :shock:

When I came off Yasmin in April to ttc, I had the biggest list of preg symptoms ever:

Sore nipples
fatigue
cramps down below mid cycle
cm never dried up before af

etc etc

but I wasn't preg, these symptoms were caused by coming off yasmin!!!

I hope that's out of my system now, cos I feel ok this month.

I would speak to your doc about your symptoms, not all pill types suit everyone - you may need to use a different one!

Good luck
Angela

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back