Please...

Rowesb

Reaction score
...spare a prayer

This week has to be one of the hardest for me, and I'm merely on the outside peering in...

On Tuesday my Daughter in law (DH's son) gave birth to a little boy, who fought so hard but didn't stand a chance. At 19 weeks DIL lost her waters, although due to family trauma of loosing DSS' step sister didn't realise that was what had happened until she got to the 20 week scan. They were given pretty awful odds and the offer to terminate, but they wanted to give Alfie the chance he deserved. She went on to have a fairly uneventful pregnancy, being closely monitored. They knew that Alfie would be on Neonatal for sometime, but there were glimmers of hope.

On Tuesday Alfie was born by planned section, and attempted to hold his own, but was so poorly the medicine took over for enough time to get family there and a baptism, he managed 3 hours. His Mummy and Daddy are devastated, as are the rest of the family.

His funeral is on Thursday, where he will join his step auntie.

PLease spare a prayer for Alfie, and for strength for his Mummy and Daddy, and cherish your LO's...

How awful my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear that- they were very brave continuing with the pregnancy. Wishing you and your family strength to get through the next days, weeks and months. X

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family hunny x x

I am so sorry to hear this has happened, you and your family are in our thought xxx
It's so hard but if they are determined they will find a way through this awful time. I really do feel their pain, lots of love xxxx

Thinking of you all and praying for you at such a devastating time .

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this sad time xx

Thinking of you all Hun x

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family xxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh what an awful time. Such sad news, life can be so, so cruel. My thoughts are with the family. Alfie will be watching over them and waiting to meet them again someday :hug: x

So sorry to hear :hug: Life can be too cruel sometimes. Thoughts to the little man's family x

i feel my word don't mean anything.. My eyes are full of tears. RIP little one. My thoughts are truly with you all x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back