Please pray for my doggy UPDATE :-(

poochielove

Reaction score
Eye surgeon said its the worst he has ever seen and hes pretty sure its knackered (his words). Hes going into surgery at 12ish but we have been told to be prepared as he doesnt think he will have an eye when he comes out :cry:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My ex rang me this morning, he had taken our Whippet Blue out for his morning run and when he came back from exploring he had a thorn in his eye :shock: not just a little one but a big thorn stuck in his eyeball :puke: . Anyway the vet says there is a high chance he will lose his eye :cry: . He is such a good little dog wouldnt hurt a fly...its not fair :(
The bill is going to be £300-£600 :shock: we have insurance for the greyhound as he is always at the vets but we just never got round to insuring Blue. This is shit what with everything going on with my Ex aswell.

Oh no! I hope hes fine, they may just give him a injection as something simillar happened to my greyhound, antibiotics. Might not be as bad as you think hun! xxx

Hope hes ok though poor thing.

Jade&Evie said:
:cry:

:pray: Hope he is ok hun

:hug: :hug: for you too xxx

Me too...i love my dogs so much :cry: its already hard enough that he has taken them cos i cant cope with them and Teddy

mrs_tommo22 said:
Oh no! I hope hes fine, they may just give him a injection as something simillar happened to my greyhound, antibiotics. Might not be as bad as you think hun! xxx

Hope hes ok though poor thing.

Yeh it was the vet who said it the eye surgeon might think different. Sometimes things look worse than they are. Sitting and waiting for the phone call is awful tho.

I dunno about you but i think greyhounds are the worst dogs for being accident prone lol! Thats why we never got round to insuring Blue cos we were too preocupied with Knocker (the name says it all) is always hurting himself.

Jeez hun it never rains but it pours..
Poor Blue :( Im sure whatever the outcome though he will be ok hun, he is obviously much loved :hug:

Ohhhh your poor doggy :(

Thinking of you hun, hope the Op goes well and he is OK :hug:

Omg i am so sorry poor blue and poor you having to put up with this and this other crap. As said above it never rains but pours - im so sorry sweetie massive hugs!

Bloody greyhounds/whippets/lurchers!

awwwww hun im sorry to hear about blue :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you both

Thanks girls :hug:

They saved his eye BUT his eyelid has been stitched up and we will see in 9 days if it has healed well and he can still see, if not they are taking his eye out :( poor baby.

At least the vet bill is only £345...got quoted £750 just before the surgery. Still loads but not as bad as £750!

aaaaarw poor Blue, hope he heals up soon!! :hug: :hug:

and ur poor purse jesus :shock: :shock: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back