Please help :(

BabyWestwood

Reaction score
Im due to go back to work next month but leaving my little girl is proving to hard before it has even happened!! The thought is making me so unwell that I have now been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder (not like me at all)

My OH has said that my health is MUCH more important than money and that he will support me if I decide to stay at home and care for the kids.

BUT I really want to know what money help I would receive if I didnt return to work, I have called HM Revenue but they cannot advise me, they can only say what I will get once I have declared I am not retuning :(

Is there anybody that might be in the same living situation that may be able to tell me how much benefits they get please?

My OH earns £22,000 PA and works over 37hrs a week. How much working tax credit would I get? Also will I still be entitled to help with childcare costs if im not working? I would hate for my son not to be able to attend and be with his friends xxxx

I don't know anything for sure but i'd of though you'd get child benefit, child tax credit but you personally wot get anything as you have no right to it if that makes sense. Possibly housing benefit and council tax benefit?? Don't quote me on anything as I'm just saying what I think Is the case.. Hope you start to feel better soon xx

My sisters hubby earns 18000 pa and she used to stay at home (with one child). They get 200 a month child tax credit and 80 a month child benefit. My nephew is old enough for school now but they didn't get child care vouchers and no working tax credit as they were over the threshold. I'm sure there's a calculator online you can type in your circumstances x

I'm pretty sure you won't get help with child care costs
as you are not working, but please double check that out.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back