Please help :(

If you want to do blw weaning it is up to you hun, nobody should be pressuring you into doing anything else. You know your baby more than they do! We started Oz on purees at 5 months because we thought he was hungry, but he wasn't, he didn't take off with food until 6 months old properly then he loved it. But even then he couldn't handle 'solids' he had to have smooth until he was 9 months old, he choked and gagged and vomited on everything that was offered. Only at 9 1/2 months did he start to chew food and is now fine with everything! But all I got from people, esp HVs, was pressure to be forcing him to have 'normal' food, but in the end I just did what I knew was right for my baby. Sorry, ramblings lol, you just have to tune everyone else out and go with your intuition. Never forget you know your baby xxxxx

He should naturally cut down his milk as he starts to properly eat it.but its no rush.just follow him.
We started off with veg n fruit at 5 1/2 months and slowly introduced other bits. After about 2 weeks we sat down for a roast with him and he loved the veg n started to experiment with the chicken n potatoes.

By just over a month he was on pretty much anything.

Tomato pineapple strawberries and egg should be watched carefully as they are high allergy foods. And egg shouldn't be given until 6months

Honey is also a no until 1yr

this OBSESSION our society has with stuffing babies full of what WE think is the correct amount of food... fact is, 90% of the time, if you put a healthy HUMAN (of any age) in front of a decent variety of food, they will eat what they need to survive. They dont need to be doled out (often ridiculously massive) portions of food.

no wonder there are so many eating disorders in our society!

I don't think it's an obsession, I just want to be sure my baby is going to be getting what he wants / needs food wise.

I don't think it's an obsession, I just want to be sure my baby is going to be getting what he wants / needs food wise.

I agree.I don't think its an obsession either.every normal parent cares about if their baby is getting enough/ too much food.

Ok so if u put a baby in front of loads of food they would eat till they're bot hungry. However if u put then infront of a handful of grapes and think they are full most of the time the child will carry on playing because they've got the quick fix to pass the hungry feeling.

Sorry i wasnt suggesting the OP (or any other individual) had an obsession with food, just our society in general x

People are constantly asking me how well jasper eats when he is clearly a chunk!

I think that as long as you offer healthy snacks + A couple of meals a day you will be right :) Babies eat what they need and sometimes that is a remarkable amount. Jasper goes days without having more than a few mouthfuls of food and some fruit and then will chow down an entire sandwich or huge bit of pie and mash...

I think their food changes sporadically and they sort of regulate themselves :) As any human would/does

I met the lovely hopefulmummy today and her gorgeous LO for coffee and BLW chats :) So happy to be able to pass on our experience cos BLW has been such an amazing, fun (and messy) experience for us :) :)

I met the lovely hopefulmummy today and her gorgeous LO for coffee and BLW chats :) So happy to be able to pass on our experience cos BLW has been such an amazing, fun (and messy) experience for us :) :)

Yay! Glad you were able to help! It's a great feeling isn't it!!! :)

Ignore any mistakes-my iPhone is addicted to autocorrect!

Thankyou Amy for a really lovely time this morning and passing on all your pearls of wisdom :)

So excited to get started now! Will keep you all updated :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back