Please help

addled

Reaction score
After a positive pregnancy test, I went to the hospital on Friday and found out I'm exactly 8 weeks gone. My boyfriend who I've been with 18 months told me I have to get rid of it and I want to keep him so I booked in for a medical termination for 9.30am today. But I had a power cut last night and my alarm didn't wake me up so I missed my appointment. I just rang them up and they said because I'm 8 weeks they can see me tomorrow at the very latest otherwise I'll need a d and c which I can't stand the thought of. I just feel like I'm deciding my fate in less than a day, it doesn't seem fair. Any help/advice/someone to talk to would be really good for me. Thanks loads. Becca, 23. x

if its what you really want then all i can say is i hope it goes ok and your bloke is worth it.
If your not sure i would speak to your gp or a family member not your boyfriend though somone else just to see if you have the help and support to bring up a baby.

sorry im not much help but only you can decide what will be best for you
take care in whatever you decide

xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug:

i hope for your peace of mind that this bloke is worth it

good luck with whatever u do :hug:

I think it's a personal decision but you have to think long and hard.

You can't let nyone else make the decision for you.

Could you cope with the baby alone?

Do YOU want a baby?

Is he really worth it if he doesn't talk it over and tells you what to do?

Do you think you will last after this?

It's a really hard decision to have to make and your feelings and the rest of your life could depend on it.

I saw this happen with my best friend and her b/f. He came back to her the evening ater the d&c.

That was when she was 18, 10 years later it still hurts and she can't believe she did that for a man(needless to say,they didn't last long).... but that's just her....other people react differently.

Good luck whatever you choose to do. Either option will be hard .

Have you told your parents/ a friend?

Could be good to have an opinion from someone who knows you well and can at least go with you tomorrow if that's what you choose to do.

Whatever it is, you will need someone for support.

Good luck to you and hope all works out well for you :hug:

addled said:
After a positive pregnancy test, I went to the hospital on Friday and found out I'm exactly 8 weeks gone. My boyfriend who I've been with 18 months told me I have to get rid of it and I want to keep him so I booked in for a medical termination for 9.30am today. But I had a power cut last night and my alarm didn't wake me up so I missed my appointment. I just rang them up and they said because I'm 8 weeks they can see me tomorrow at the very latest otherwise I'll need a d and c which I can't stand the thought of. I just feel like I'm deciding my fate in less than a day, it doesn't seem fair. Any help/advice/someone to talk to would be really good for me. Thanks loads. Becca, 23. x

don't go. Keep the baby. The fact you're on here writing what you have wrote makes me think you want the baby.
The father may come round to the idea he might not but you have to do whats right for you not anyone else.

Good luck.

the others are right hun, please dont do this if you are not sure its what YOU want.

i couldnt give two hoots what your boyfriend wants. i only want to know what YOU want to do. if the answer is you dont know then please dont go to this appointment and take some time to think about it.

i know the D&C seems awful but if you go ahead now when you are not 100% the consequences later on will be a lot worse.

i agree with Budge that you sound like you already know what you want to do (sorry if thats not right) but the situation and others opinions are making you doubt what you know in your heart.

i am not anti abortion in the right circumstances but my god its a hell of a thing to live with if you think you made the wrong choice.

:hug:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dont let any man force you into anything hun, my ex wanted me to get rid of my baby, and he said its me or the baby, the decision was simple...

the baby.

at the edn of the day you choose, waht you want to do.

ultimatly its you that has to live with whatever decision yo make xx

addled said:
I have to get rid of it and I want to keep him so I booked in for a medical termination for 9.30am today.

You dont have to do anything you dont want to.
Either way, I dont think you can come back from something like this. You keep baby, he 'might' go. You go ahead with the termination purely to keep him then you might start to resent him. It take 2 people to make a baby, you dint get pregnant on your own and Im sure he was a willing party so, its up to you but personally I would keep the baby and ditch the lowlife.

:hug:

addled.. only you can know how u feel hun but i agree with everyone else but most importantly .. i agree with budge.

good luck on whatever u choose.. but he aint a 'good man' if he's giving u that option..

enuff said!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back