Why is everyone sooooooooooo negative?

kayzee

Reaction score
Hiya everyone, I'm nearly 37 and a single mum of two boys 12 and 13. Ive just found out that im pregnant with my 3rd which is a shock but a very welcome one. My problem is that near enough everyone is on at me that it is a bad idea for me to have this baby :( When i told my boyfriend he then dumped me the following day and im left to pick up the pieces. Its going to be very hard with a new baby in the house and one of my sons has aspergers syndrome but i have a very good supportive group of friends and even my ex husband is willing to help!! :? Im totally against a termination and want to have this baby very much but feel peoples attitudes towards me proceeding with the pregnancy are totally cruel and unfair and also very upsetting :( would be really nice for someone to say something positive and nice to help lift my spirits as im coming to terms with it and beginning to look forward to the new addition to our family. Any views on this would be gratefully appreciated, many thanks kaye.xxx

hi my mum had 4 children all to my dad then he had the snip, but 9yrs later mum got preg again (yes to my dad) it never worked properly..
every one thought she was mad. she was gutted at first but he is now 4 and mum is 40 but she says its the best thing that ever happened to her :)

fair play to u hun.....

good luck x x

Good on you, thats what I say. The negative folk are soooo sad that they have to shit on others because their lives are so empty. Think of all the love you will get and give and the lovely kids you have. If new babys dad has upped and left then thats his loss.
37, its hardly old these days to be having a baby! Go on yourself :D :D

I'm 36 and have just had a third baby. My eldest is 12 in April and daugter will be 10 in July.
Best thing that has happened to me... I treasure every moment and don't take anything for granted. Everyone had their opinions, but they can all see now, what I have is what they've always wanted!!
Enjoy your pregnancy and ditch the people with the crap attitudes. Although they probably have your wellbeing at heart, make your decision clear to them and ask them to support you or clear off!

Pregnancy presents us with so many emotions & issues. Even in the most planned pregnancies, we can't always see the wood from the tree. That's why is so important that you stay positive in your decision, get support and help to sort out the funds if need be.

Keep your chin up and enjoy every minute!!
Emilia xx :wink:

Thanks for your support everyone, made me feel much better over my morning cuppa :) anyone fancy a chat on msn sometime would be good, havnt told the boys about new baby yet till i have dates and stuff to tell them. Thanks again everyone, me smiling now!!! :D kaye.xx

I'm 35, my daughter will be 13 in 3 weeks, and I'm expecting my second. Fair enough, I'm married, so not in the same situation as you, but I'm actually looking forward to this one more than the first (that sounds horrible, but I hope you understand what I mean).

You can easily do this on your own, as it sounds like you have help from your ex (surprising how some people react isn't it?), and your sons are old enough to be able to help out. How severe is the aspergers if you don't mind me asking?

Good luck hun, and we are always here to chat. I only usually go on here at work and we block MSN on the firewall, so unfortunately I can't chat with you that way.

Im 21 and have just split with my partner and guess what .. im going it alone!!!

Doesn't even scare me and i have a small but great support network around me!! ... At first it felt as if my world was going to end but my little girl is everything to me so i will do anything to make sure we are both happy and healthy!!! (happy mummy happy baby and that)

Sod what other people think ... this baby is better off with just me and those that care than the enviroment and situation i was in ... it would have been no good to eaither of us!!!

So you go and do this ... Stick to fingers up and sod em!!!, i admire you so keep your chin up and go on marching forwards ... Ignore the negitive and think on the positive ... cause after all that little bundle is all the positive you will ever need, and you have also got 2 great kids ...

Keep smiling (We are) and good luck ...

Love imi+(baby Maddie)
xxx

Congratulations on your pregnancy, don't let anyone take away your joy! You sound like a really strong independant woman and have already proven yourself to be a fantastic mum! Look forward to hearing about your pregancy.

congratulations on your third. welcome to the third club. i am 36 and my youngest is nearly 10 weeks. my eldest is 11. just enjoy it, sod the negative people. this forum is great if you feel a bit down, angry or just need a chat.

again congratulations

Hi there,

I'm 30...just, my daughter is 9 years old and I'm in week 30 of my second pregnancy and going it alone. My partner and I were together 11 years and due to circumstances that weren't to do with this pregnancy we are no longer together. Alot of people I knew thought it would be a bad idea for me to have this baby as I suffered with post natal depression after my 1st baby...but that hasn't put me off. I look at my daughter every day and be so thankful that she is here....our children are the only people no matter how big or small they are that will put a smile on our faces when we are feeling low...I say good on you girl, stuff what they all say, people can be sooooo negative sometimes. Just ignore what they say and concentrate on the positives in your life....a new baby can be hard work but also soooo rewarding.... :cheer:
Hope everything works out well for you which I am sure it will.
Be strong and keep smiling....don't let the b***ers drag you down.
Love n big hugs :hug:
Claire

Chin up chick and stuff what anybody else says. Its your decision, your life, your body and watch them all coo when he/she is born ;)

Whoever is giving you negative views is not a real friend if its family you cant choose them. Only lukewarm reception I had so far is from family, wouldnt mind but I didnt speak to them for 5 years and managed perfectly well to bring DD up without them and wont exactly be asking them to help either so quite frankly I couldnt give a monkeys what they think, adopt the same attitude.

You CAN do it with or without them and your ex hubby is willing to support you, good man :)

Aww thanks guys, i havnt checked this post for ages so please excuse me :shock: i'm now 21 weeks and everything going ok so far, family have started to come round even my mum who was the worst :shock: :( baby's dad did get in touch last week and is now being an arse threatening to take me to court so he can see his daughter and quite frankly i dont want him anywhere near her, but ive now seen a solicitor just in case so i know where i stand :D Things are looking up now and im off for 21 week anomally scan today :cheer: :cheer: xxx

Really pleased everything is looking up for you.
:dance: Glad your mum has come round to the idea...she'll love it being a nanna again. Hope everything carries on going well for you.
Love n hugs :hug:
Claire
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2