please help me

snuckums

Reaction score
hi

i found out on 30 July that i was pregnant i dont know how far gone i am. my last period was 12th July and i went for a scan the day after i found out i pregnant because i was bleeding. they scanned me and said there were 2 sacs and 2 yolks in there. i went back yesterday 13th august and she said one sacs hasnt grown and the other one has but there isnt a heartbeat. so i have gotten over the initial shock of it and i am just waiting for mother nature to do her thing ( there are plenty of other chances to get pregnant and have a baby)

but i was just wondering if i am 4 weeks pregnant or 6 weeks.

the sonogram lady said 6 weeks but my doctors says 4 weeks so now im a bit confused because you wont be able to hear a heartbeat at 4 weeks will you?

am i 6 weeks or 4 weeks? im so lost and confused.

thanks in advanced

zeza

Im really not sure hun, sounds really confusing to me and im suprised she didnt explain it all for you whilst you were there !
They may well ask you to come back next week i would have thought, i know the dr works out how far gone you are by your last period so its a pretty rough weekage, where as the sonogram lasy will have worked it out by the size of things, so i would have thought her 6 weeks was more likely, sorry im not much help :hug: :hug:

According to a pregnancy calander if you go by your lmp and a "normal" 28 day cycle you would be 4 weeks 6 days today.... That said they do date by scans so that is what your sonography is probably going by...

Hope you get some answers soon

Jane x

hi

when i first went to have a scan they asked me when my last period was and i said posibly the beginning of july but i said im not too sure till i go home and look on my calendar. so maybe she though because my file says 6 week but realy in 4?

im so lost, the sonogram lady was not much help at all

zeza

Pregnancy dates are taken from the first day of your last period (LMP). So if your LMP was 12th July you'll be 4 and a bit weeks pregnant. Although you don't actually concieve until around week 2 so the embryo is not that old 9probably only around 2 weeks) but they'll still say you are 4 weeks pregnant.

You defintiely won't be able to hear the heartbeat at this stage if you are sure of your dates, it's only at around 5 weeks that the heart develops enough to begin to beat.

See this website for some useful info about the development at each week:

http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/magazine/in ... index.aspx

You can put in your estimated LMP or due date or you can simply select the week of development you want to look at.

I hope that helps, if you have any doubts about the care you are being given and what's happening with your pregnancy, call the midwife or doctors and explain your concerns. They should be able to help and if they don't ask to speak to someone else!

Good Luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back