please help me with areas

Layla

Reaction score
hi guys

does anyone live in the long eaton, castle donington, corby, wellingborough, kettering, nun eaton, Loughborough, Leicestershire, derby areas

whts it like there? we are considering these areas to move to after xmas but have no idea where it best etc.

plus, is there a big pwer plant in long eaton, how close is it to the town etc?

any help would be great, there is only so much we can do from here, we really needs omeone who knows the areas to give us advice

thanks!

Hi Layla, I am originall from Kettering and moved to scotland 6 years ago, now I am ready to move back before we have the baby and are waiting for husband to transfer jobs. I really like it there but that is because all my family are there. Wellingborough and Corby aren't the best, plus desborough and rothwell (don't be lured by cheap house prices!) there are some beutiful villages about, orlingbury, pytchley, etc and if money isn;t your thing, try the leisure village or venture park in kettering, northants is a nice area, let me know how you go xxx

Hi layla, i've lived in derby all my life and i have close friends that live in long eaton, i love it here!! not sure to be honest what else you want me to say so anything you want to ask feel free :)

Lyn,

my dad said there is a big power plant in long eaton which pumps out smoke constantly, is that right? how close is it to long eaton?

xxx

Wellingborough is a bit rough if I'm honest, I wouldn't live there. Might be alright if you know it, but I don't like it.
Generally, the lower priced are's near here are not that nice.

i told you in the pm but just to say again, the power plant isnt actually in long eaton its a good few miles away and its in the process of shutting down and as far as i'm aware is running at less than quarter what it used to.
hope this helps :D

yeah thats great Lyn, thanks :)

we are so confused as to where to go, from what we have seen of Corby it looks so nice but a couple of people said its not that good, but the area we are in now has a bad rep but i think its ok if im honest.

Long eaton is still in our possible list and now we know about the power plant, its even better.

I am still considering derby and northampton, but i have no clue where to start looking or those areas as they are so big, we wouldnt want to live right in the area, only in the outskirts.

moving house is such hard work! lol

xxx

Hi layla

I'm originally from sandiacre and my hubby is from sawley which are towns directly either side of long Eaton, our family still all live there.

Personally I'd rather live in one of those 2 then actually long eaton itself, but it isn't a bad area just abit bussier then where I lived.

Amenities wise long Eaton is quite good, schools are very close including Trent College there are quite afew different shops in the centre including a large tesco and asda and KFC yum. There are also afew pubs and nightclubs so can have a good night out if you like.

Both Nottingham and Derby towns Centres are about a 30min drive away and buses run about every 10minutes to both.

Don't really no what else to put at the mo, if there's anything else you'd like to know just ask :D

xSuzx

Hi Layla,

I live in Derby City Centre, depends where you wanna be to be honest, if your looking at somewhere close-ish to derby, then littleover and mickleover are nice areas, try to steer clear of Normanton and Sinfin, not as nice areas.

My friend actually does live in Normanton and thinks its ok, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

Allestree is nice too, but a bit pricey?!

Draycott is a nice area, its between Derby & Nottingham

HI!

thanks guys

Just Pm'd Lyn, she has been helping me, missac has been helping me with Corby too. but i will post in here too being as you are both in and near derby

we are looking at derby now, seem what look like LOVELY houses in these areas

Alvaston
Chaddesden
Allenton
Sinfin
Littleover

any of them nice, ok or really bad?

also, are there any big parks around those areas, like lakes, woods, country park type things, we would love a big open space to walk the dog (when we get her) and for the kids to ride bikes etc

and are there little shops near by, i dont drive so when Jase is at work it would be handy to have a little shop incase i run out of bread or something lol

anything you can give me on these areas would be great!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back