Please help advice on baby name

Zoenewmum

Reaction score
Hi ladies I am 27 weeks pregnant with my first baby. It's a girl and one of the names we really like is Robyn. Our surname is Nolan so just wanted to get honest opinions on how does Robyn Nolan sound? I don't want to ask friends and family so hopefully you ladies will be able to help :) I read someplace that you're not suppose to have same number of syllables on both names, plus not the same letter at end of first name and start of surname as it becomes one name. We are braking both rules lol!!! What do you think??

Last edited:
I think it sounds beautiful. I wouldn't bother following any rules unless they are really important to you personally. :)

Most surnames have two syllables, and so do most first names! I've never heard of the syllable thing, but if it were true most people I know (me included!) would need to change their name lol.

I can kind of see the problem with the letters running together, but I don't think its a big enough deal to not pick a name over. I think Robyn Nolan sounds nice.

Thank you :) My husband doesn't seem to think there is a problem - he is called Martin Nolan so names running together as well!

I like the sound of it x

I think it sounds good!

I've never heard of the syllable thing. One of my children has a 1 syllable 1st name and our surname is 1 syllable. My husband's is the same actually, as are his 2 brothers. I think it sounds fine. I do prefer a 2 or 3 syllable first name to go with our last name but our sons name was my husband's choice. He is choosing for this baby too! Although I have to agree to some extent.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I like it very much, I think it will fit

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back