Please can you help me....

roxy1983

Reaction score
Hello everybody, :help:

I'm very new to the ttc forum and having read through 100's of posts you all seem very clued up so I'm hoping you can advise me and pass on some :dust:

This is my first month of actually ttc but I have been doing LH surge tests for the past 3 months.
I have a 24 day cycle and have been testing from days 7 to 15 (I'm currently on day 8), although I haven't yet had a positive result I do get all the different stages of mucus; does this mean I am ovulating or not? I came off the mini pill in January and I'm terrified that it may have affected me in some way so that I don't ovulate. The first month I came off it I had terribly painful breasts but I haven't had that symptom again just the egg white mucus.

We're wanting to conceive so badly but don't feel I can discuss my worries with friends so I come on here to read about people going through the same frustrations and I'm also hoping you can help and reassure me as I'm sending myself crazy. Like I say this is our first month of trying, can't imagine how I'll feel as time goes on cause all I think about all day is getting a BFP!!!

As I'm new I'm also trying to work out what all your coded words mean so please take it easy on me with your replies, lol, how slow do I sound?!?!

Hope to be speaking with you all over the next few frustrating but exciting months.... x

:thanks:

Welcome to pf hun :wave: ovulation predictor kits dont work for everyone and it's good that you are taking notice of your other symptoms. Have you tried charting your basal body temperature? This gives you a retrospective pattern for each month. A lot of the girls here are well informed on it.
http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum-support/111142-abbreviations-lingo-explained.html
Here's a link to the abbreviations. Best of luck with ttc x

Hiya Roxy :)

You want to be testing right through your cycle until you get a positive. Keep all your tests so you can compare :)

If still no positive after a couple of cycles, change which brand of test you use and repeat the above.

If still nothing, go and get your blood tests done at the doctors ;)

Hello!!

I've been doing my bbt for 2 months and the chart looks like rocky mountains; I have to be honest and say that although I test at exactly the same time Mon-Fri the second my alarm goes off, on a weekend I cannot bring myself to set an alarm so I test about 2 hours later which I know can effect the results. Maybe I should start setting a weekend alarm!!

For the past 2 months I've used the cheapest possible LH test strips but due to the negative results I've purchased some slightly more expensive midstream tests so fingers crossed this month is better.
I'm going to see what happens throughout May & June then if still no luck I will book in with the doctors in July. Thanks for your advise. x

Oooo - thanks very much for the abbreviation list, I'll revise now :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back