please can someone give me some advice...i would be so very grateful

Beebop21

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I hope someone out there can provide me with some advice.
My last period started on 22 December 2011 approx. I havent had a period since and it is now 9 Feb 12. I am usually always regular. My husband and i decided to try for our seconf baby and on 27th december we had unprotected sex.

I thought given the passage of time with no perios i would be pregnant. Therefore i tried a test yesterday (8 Feb) which as negative and a diferent branded test today which was also negative. Yesterday and today i have had slight brown/red slimy discharge when i wipe at toilet.

could i be pregnant or if not what could be wrong?

:oooo:

Definitely a possibility you could be pregnant. If nothing in the next couple of weeks, pop to doctors and they will give you a blood test to see what is happening.

Good luck xxxx

I am totally gutted that the tests have come back negative and it is so hard not to get hopes up.

I dont know why but i cant help thinking i am pregnant and clinging onto any false hope. I cant even see a faint line on any of the tests. :(

Thank you for your reply. x

Hiya Beebop :)

If you only had unprotected sex on the 27th of Dec and tests are still negative then no - definitely not pregnant i'm afraid...

You probably wouldn't have even ovulated by the 7th and wouldn't do for another few days at least.

What are your most recent cycle lengths like?

How long did it take to conceive your first child?

Last edited:
I am really not sure what my cycles are exactly like, but from now on i will try keep tabs on this. My first child was conceived within a month. No issues.

I find it strange that this is the first month we have tried and yet i miss my next period, when this never happens either, but still i am showing negative. So confused.
Also had unprotected sex on 8th december put got period on or around 22/12.

Last edited:
Yeah, i'm sorry it's so confusing for you :hug:

You really need to be keeping tabs on what date you get your period each month and working out how long each cycle was.

I'd also suggest having unprotected sex more often if you aren't too familiar with your cycles. A week after your period starts, you want to have unprotected sex at least once every 3 days for a couple of weeks.

in your opinion is there no chance i could be? do you have other exxplanation for missed period?

Sorry, i am not very good at this. :)

K x

No, none at all.

Apparently sperm can live inside you for upto 5 days which would take us to the 1st Jan.

You must have conceived by the 1st of Jan with that sperm from the 27th Dec.

Then it takes a maximum of 15 days for a healthy pregnancy to be shown on pregnancy test due to amount of hormones it needs to release to survive.

The only exception to this would be if the pregnancy is ectopic, in which case it is unlikely it would survive anyway but they can correct themselves.

So, that takes us to the 16th of January by which time you should have definitely got your BFP.

It is now the 9th of February, so 39 days past conception and you are still getting negative tests - definitely not pregnant.

I'd assume that the reason that you have a late period is because your ovulation was late and that could be because of stress, illness, excessive lifestyle, etc but that doesn't necessary mean anything is wrong with you as it's just a one off :)

Last edited:
Thank you so much. If i dont get another period this month, then i will go to docs. :(

I have seen on the internet that people have stated in other forums that they have not had a positive until 8th week of pregnancy.

In my first pregnancy my first test was negative then a fortnight later i tried again and got positive x

Last edited:
You can only base these things on scientific research figures, you can't associate yourself with random occurances that people claim to have happened to them on the internet.

They do research on this kind of stuff and they know that a healthy embryo needs to produce a certain amount of hCG. A level that should definitely be detectable by a certain number of days past conception.

When people say they didn't get their BFP until later, i'd always assume that they didn't get their OV until later or i'd assume it started off ectopic or even that the pregnancy was going to miscarry.

I wouldn't say it never ever happens, but the chance of it happening would be so remote that there isn't really point in discussing it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back