please add to boys name list...

may1718

Reaction score
so i have my girls name picked out already , i haven't been told the sex yet so don't know if I'm having a girl (hope i am) but unfortunately i don't get to choose however shallow that may make me sound. (i do just hope he/she is healthy more than anything)

so anyway i seem to dislike most boys names the ones i have added to the list I'm not in love with .
i think its because i love girls names more but I'm finding it hard to think of boys names i would even consider.

if you can think of some more great boys names or are a boys name enthusiast unlike myself please add to the list I would be very grateful and hopefully other may find it useful:

( :shakehead: i have so many pretty great girls names )

Alex

Kayden

Jace

Theo

Oscar

Isaiah

Aziah

Last edited:
Corbyn
Brandon
Jayden
Mason

Tyler

Chase
Casey

Wesley
Frankie
Axel

Logan
Xavier
Barry
Clint
Azazal
Reed
Thor
Loki
Odin
Jett
Blaze
Oliver
Lex
Kal
Cain
Kurt
Ronan
Robin
Wade

Sorry I can get carried away with comic book names :blush:

Last edited:
I'm having another girl so I will never be able to use my boys names as this is my last pregnancy. I found boys names easier but here they are to add to your list.

Zachary
Evan

Hi May,
I'm completely the other way around, can for the life of me not get any girl names me and DH both like!
Just some of the boy names I do like, might give you some inspiration, although I know how hard it is to find omething likeable if you have already been thinking about it.

I also love Loki & Logan of Eryinera's list!

Theodore
Arthur
Ethan
Elias
Aurion
Jericho
Aiden
Kieran
Dante
Bram

Last edited:
I only know it because my cousin used it for his son, so sadly won't be using it myself, but that does not mean I can not love it and reccommend it for anyone else!

I'm sure it is also internationally perfect to use. My cousin is dutch and his mrs chinese so asume it works in prety much all areas of the globe.

Is it from the poem Dante's inferno? xx

Last edited:
I have a Jackson and Carter. Both ex American presidents as well as surnames.

xxxx

Corbyn
Brandon
Jayden
Mason

Tyler

Chase
Casey

Wesley
Frankie
Axel

Logan
Xavier
Barry
Clint
Azazal
Reed
Thor
Loki
Odin
Jett
Blaze
Oliver
Lex
Kal
Cain
Kurt
Ronan
Robin
Wade

Sorry I can get carried away with comic book names :blush:

liking lex .. thanks x

Hi May,
I'm completely the other way around, can for the life of me not get any girl names me and DH both like!
Just some of the boy names I do like, might give you some inspiration, although I know how hard it is to find omething likeable if you have already been thinking about it.

I also love Loki & Logan of Eryinera's list!

Theodore
Arthur
Ethan
Elias
Aurion
Jericho
Aiden
Kieran
Dante
Bram

kieran is my favourite from you list so thanks x

with my girls name i really just love it i want to hear a boys name and feel the same way haha x

thanks for the replies guys .

my favourite so far is lex very similar to alex i suppose and carter and kieran.

have some more to add again these are just names i don't hate as apposed to actually like that much.

curtis & louis

want to really fall in love with a name x

Last edited:
Think you like a name to mean something to you.

Jackson is a name which both me and his dad like for reasons. Great musician, great fighter, and one of my fave charters on Greys Anatomy lol. So we just loved it.

Second choice was Carter. Again after a great musician we both love. And fit the theme we set.

If we have a girl she'd be Taylor again ties with both a musician we like and president surname.

xxxx

Dexter
Lex
Rex
Luke
Tate
Sawyer
Parker
Noah
Jonah
Dawson
Brooks
Braxton

Arnie
Bugsy
Chase
Monty
Reggie
Colbie

I have many names I like but am quite picky when it comes to choosing one for myself.
This time I don't want a "EE" sounding end. And I think I want a "ss" sound. Ellis/Alice

Dexter
Lex
Rex
Luke
Tate
Sawyer
Parker
Noah
Jonah
Dawson
Brooks
Braxton

Arnie
Bugsy
Chase
Monty
Reggie
Colbie

I have many names I like but am quite picky when it comes to choosing one for myself.
This time I don't want a "EE" sounding end. And I think I want a "ss" sound. Ellis/Alice

I have an Alice i love the name. Ellis is cute for a boy. Alex is similar in sound xx

I love the name Lex, but any L name is no go for me. My mother ruined Ls. I'm one of 6 kids and only my brother escaped the initials LLL as he was named after my dad. None of my sisters have used L names either. I also love Lukas.

Some other names . . .
Declan
Nico
Ezra
Dylan
Arlo
Remy
Jasper

I'm having a boy and we are still undecided, but we are getting closer. The meaning behind the name is important to us, so if that's something you're interested in, you could do a meaning search and see what comes up.

Last edited:
i seem to dislike most boys names the ones i have added to the list I'm not in love with

I suppose you could choose some 'gender neutral' names for your baby and then if it's a boy or a girl, the name will still work? They tend to be a bit more old fashioned though, like Tiffany, Hilary and Ashley. Not my favourite names, but those are just the ones I can think of on top of my head.

I like floral names for girls, so names like Rose, Daisy etc. They're what we are going to go for.

The thing is with boys names, is that they tend to come in and out of fashion... Cameron and Kieran for example became really fashionable in the early 2000's and seem to have fallen out of favour. For example, nobody seems to be calling their baby boys Colin and John these days.

Some people make up ridiculous names - especially for boys as the names are harder to choose from, what with there being fewer options available. Shayden is one name I've heard recently, which is an amalgamation of two names they couldn't decide on.

Instead of choosing a non-conventional name why not choose a non-conventional spelling instead? Not in an illiterate sense that is... For example, we want a traditional name for a boy and are not choosing any names that already belong to friends or relatives. I like the name Matthew spelled the French way. I think it adds a touch of cache.

Names are very personal. As my dad told me once, "When you name your baby, you can't just choose something that sounds cute because they're small. You have to imagine their name on a CV applying for a job, being said in their wedding vows and as an 80 year old - if the name sounds ridiculous in any of those occasions, it's probably not suitable".

I think it's wise advice, but choosing names is such a personal thing.

We already knownour boys name had it picked out before the bfp but it highly doubt I'm having a boy I've two girls already so I think we will have a third. Not that I mind.
I'm finding it hard because the names I loved I have used!! That's hard lol.
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back