Placenta covering cervix?

Vickimo

Reaction score
Had my anomaly scan today and all was well with baby. It was actually being a bit cheeky and kept curling up in to a ball so she struggled to get a proper measurement of the spine and also to see part of the heart so I've to go back next week.

She also said that my placenta was covering my cervix?? She said that I wasn't to be alarmed if I had some bleeding but after 2 MCs I can't think that I'd be anything but alarmed.

So, if the placenta continues to cover the cervix I'm guessing that mean a C-section at the end? She said that I'll continue to get scanned throughout to check it's position.

Oh, and I'd post a pic but all the scans are face on and the baby looks like an alien :) x

xx

I think it can move up as your uterus grows, but yes, if not, it will be planned c section.

I was told the same at my 20 week scan. Apparently the majority move on their own though, but didn't stop me worrying. I have to go back at 36 weeks for another scan, but midwife didn't seem worried and told me not to. X

I had the same- most placentas move up and out of the way as baby grows.

I was given another Scan around the 32 week mark to check, and mine had moved

If it hadn't they would just continue to scan on a regular basis. There are cases where it doesn't nice, and this does result in a section, but its not that common xc

Placenta previa.. it depends how much it was covering hun xx like everyone else has said it can move up as the Uterus grows.. you should have been booked an extra scan to check this later on... mine was only slightly covering the cervix just the tip and they think should be ok... so i have another scan at 29 weeks xx But yep if not budged planned c section x

Thanks ladies. At the scan she just said that it was low down and covering my cervix so I'm assuming it was completely covered. In my notes, next to placenta section, it says 'covering os'. I'm not too concerned about the thought of a c section more about the possibility of a bleed :( I'm back next week to finish anomaly scan anyway and she said shed arrange another scan to check the placenta at that point x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back